Raising gun purchasing age to 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/02/22/trump-gun-minimum-age/

Such ********. I'm in my mid 20s so it doesn't effect me. But I got my first rifle at 18.

There seems to be this double standard in this country. Either you're an adult responsible for your own actions or you're a minor. You can't be both at the same time. Old enough to get married and have kids, not old enough to drink a beer after a long day at work.

Old enough to die for your country, potentially against your will, but not old enough to own a gun.

The way I see it, choose an age. 18, 20, 21 whatever. But you're either an adult or You're not. This half adulthood stuff is just ********. At least 18 year olds can vote now.

If You're not old enough to drink a beer in the governments eyes, you sure as hell shouldn't be in Afghanistan losing limbs.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That age limit law wouldn't have stopped Adam Lanza. Damn sure wouldn't have stopped Stephen Paddock.

this isn't about stopping mass shootings, it's about leveraging tragedy to take away our rights. the ability to defend ourselves pisses off liberals, because they believe in the almighty power of the government over the people. we're a threat to that monopoly of power.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can understand why, todays kids are babied and grow up much later than we did. I kinda agree about the double standard but the military makes one grow up pretty quick.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
21 for everything, draft, driving, voting(51 if democrat), drinking(71 if a Kennedy), college, etc. Yeah that will fix everything!

But seriously, like Frederick said, if you're old enough to die for your country, then you are old enough to do all of this. IMHO the .gov has lost its fear of the people, and that is not a good thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom