Walmart raises guns and ammunition purchase age to 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to agree with this change, when most of us were 18, we were responsible and mature enough to know right from wrong. These kids nowadays, are barely responsible enough to get a tank of gas at 25.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to agree with this change, when most of us were 18, we were responsible and mature enough to know right from wrong. These kids nowadays, are barely responsible enough to get a tank of gas at 25.

Pretty broad brush statement, just like everything, there are some in the category that lack responsibility and maturity, and their actions seem to overshadow the ones that are.

To me it is a slippery slope. Start allowing the age restrictions and pretty soon there is a case that those over 65 aren't capable of making the right decisions with firearms. Then it's not 21 it's 25, and not 65 but 55, see where this is going? I might agree to a reasonable change that isn't driven by emotion, but all I am hearing right now seems to be driven by emotions.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Culture clash, rural vs urban, might enter into the picture.
A 19 year old raised more rural or who is used to hunting and being around guns, isn't as much of a problem as a young video game junky who's never held a gun in his life and wants to be all tough and stuff.
This is more like what I intended to come out, I just don't know how to decipher who has common sense and who does not... I personally think they should leave it alone, and concentrate on starting to fix things where they really need fixed. Parents should start disciplining as we were, Schools should discipline as we were. Stop letting the liberals run the world, and bowing down to their every command. Compare this nation, or at least Oklahoma, from 40 years ago (even 30 years ago) to now. Our children's children have no shot, the world is screwed if things don't change drastically and quickly. We know it won't, so all I can hope for is that I'm not around much longer...haha.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give walmart the middle finger and go about your business.

Eventually one of two things will happen. For many it comes down to us or them, but everyone will have to choose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom