Walmart raises guns and ammunition purchase age to 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not shopped at wally world in years, reason being they go in to a town and put the mom and pop stores out of business because they cant compete with them on pricing. It's happened here in my town.
I had rather spend a couple bucks more on something at a small family locally owned business than spend a dime at wally world.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A baker won't bake a cake for 2 homosexuals and it's discrimination, Large retailer won't sell ammo to someone under 21 when it's not federal or state mandated yet.
I considered that as well but age discrimination already exists for those under 18 (21 for a handgun). But, Walmart is not discriminating based on race, religious belief, sexual orientation, etc. I'll be satisfied with taking my money elsewhere.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't affect me. But Wallys is saying the same thing on ammo not just guns. Where did corporate pull that number from? Got to be 21 to buy beer, state law. Got to be 21 to buy ammo, Walmart law.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't affect me. But Wallys is saying the same thing on ammo not just guns. Where did corporate pull that number from? Got to be 21 to buy beer, state law. Got to be 21 to buy ammo, Walmart law.
You already have to be 21 to buy ammunition for a handgun. As OKCHunter noted, under-21 is not a legally-protected class.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got to be 21 to buy beer, state law. Got to be 21 for ammo
Actually at one time we had to be 21 to buy .22rf by federal law. If the retailer asked you what the ammo was for, and you said pistol, you had to be 21 to buy it. If you answered rifle, you could buy it at 18. All ammo transactions were dutifully recorded in a spiral bound book and required to be kept by the retailer.
The requirement to be 21 to buy beer was forced on the states back in the day by threat of withholding Federal funds for road construction, etc unless the age to drink was raised to 21.
Kansas and several other states allowed 18 year olds in bars to drink beer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom