Raising gun purchasing age to 21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It might have been, Seadog. I've done a little reading of the Papers, and while I can't say I "struggled," I certainly had to read carefully. No skimming of the text and getting the gist of it.
i bet is was the "f's" in place of the "s's." that fhit waf alwayf annoying

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It might have been, Seadog. I've done a little reading of the Papers, and while I can't say I "struggled," I certainly had to read carefully. No skimming of the text and getting the gist of it.

That's probably as good a guess as anything. Short attention spans and if they can't get the gist with a quick skim, they feel the juice isn't worth the squeeze and don't dig in.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what we need to realize is the Left has a plan, it is going after the NRA. As we sit around arguing about the age limit, magazine capacity, bump stocks, and assault weapons the left is convincing everyone that the NRA is an evil monster.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what about emotional or cognitive maturity? Simply reaching the age of 21 doesn’t make one automatically have good judgment. Perhaps we should, in addition to being 21, require those who wish to purchase a firearm to take a series of psychological profile examinations to include the opinion of a licensed Pyschiatrist as to the individual’s mental fitness to own a gun. Certainly, if you can get a professional to sign off on a document stating that you are absolutely no risk then we can all be assured that those who DO have a gun will never commit a crime with it. Yeah! Then if a person who has been so approved DID in the future commit a crime, we could hold the Psychiatrist accountable as well! Yeah! Now; how many of you psychiatrists out there will participate? None? Really? How about you insurance companies who write malpractice policies and such? How many of you will insure the doctor against a future gun owner possibly committing a crime? None? Really? Welp, this would solve the problem then. Nobody will be allowed to buy a gun anymore! But that’s okay because...

This is EXACTLY what I am seeing advocated, along with a whole host of other things. Annual permits, required re-examination by a psychiatrist, etc. When we don't have enough mental health professionals, facilities and money to treat adequately even half of the problems we already have??? Now you're going to add 100 million psychiatric evaluations a year to the mix, for people with no known history or symptoms or suspicion of mental illness????

BWAHAHAHAHA! Some of this crap is just hysterical in the amount of overreach. lol

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is EXACTLY what I am seeing advocated, along with a whole host of other things. Annual permits, required re-examination by a psychiatrist, etc. When we don't have enough mental health professionals, facilities and money to treat adequately even half of the problems we already have??? Now you're going to add 100 million psychiatric evaluations a year to the mix, for people with no known history or symptoms or suspicion of mental illness????

BWAHAHAHAHA! Some of this crap is just hysterical in the amount of overreach. lol

Yes, I agree, it is just hysterical. That's one reason it's so easy to make light of it. It's hysterical, and really, comical too. But then, it's also very sad to hear grown, mature people actually repeat and believe some of the ridiculous things that are being proposed, as if they will have any real effect on stopping mass shooters and mass shootings.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And what about emotional or cognitive maturity? Simply reaching the age of 21 doesn’t make one automatically have good judgment. Perhaps we should, in addition to being 21, require those who wish to purchase a firearm to take a series of psychological profile examinations to include the opinion of a licensed Pyschiatrist as to the individual’s mental fitness to own a gun. Certainly, if you can get a professional to sign off on a document stating that you are absolutely no risk then we can all be assured that those who DO have a gun will never commit a crime with it. Yeah! Then if a person who has been so approved DID in the future commit a crime, we could hold the Psychiatrist accountable as well! Yeah! Now; how many of you psychiatrists out there will participate? None? Really? How about you insurance companies who write malpractice policies and such? How many of you will insure the doctor against a future gun owner possibly committing a crime? None? Really? Welp, this would solve the problem then. Nobody will be allowed to buy a gun anymore! But that’s okay because...
cc951fed277f359d781292bc14605248.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to make sure we get treaty's in trade for our guns if that ever happens the way they use to write them.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simple--raise the age limit to vote, join military, and attend college to the age for buying said firearms. Yes I said raise age to attend college because a compulsory 3 year service for every male and female in a program from military to beautifying America would help mature the young adults and install pride in America--if a person chooses not to do the service then they do not have the rights of those who do. Will this stop criminals from doing harm, no but it would sure help get the political system back in line and America's treasures wouldn't look like a trash dump.

Of course the other option is DON'T F*** with OUR RIGHTS!

Latest posts

Top Bottom