Rancher in Nevada being harassed by the FEDS and confiscating his cattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys really dont get this.... the turtles are protected. The BLM requires weed free hay. We have to wash trucks to cross BLM land to acess right of ways.

It soundsrediculous.. thank god you dont have to deal with the manic regulations. Id have thought exactly what you do... now I live here.
Who owns it? BLM or the state of Nevada?
Not opinion but legally who owns the land?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to this article from 2008, Clark County was keen to agree with the tortoise designation because it gave the county "credit" that allowed for development in other areas....meaning Clark County abdicated it's authority over the property, while retaining technical ownership, in exchange for the expansion of the tax base in other areas.

Pretty cloudy issue. Seems the state and county officials are not squeaky clean in this either.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/nov/12/gold-butte-tug-war-between-access-protection/

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have any sources? Not flaming and/or attacking, just looking for real facts. You living there is not proof of who owns what land.

You say that the State of Nevada once owned the land and that the federal government used imminent domain to seize it and now holds full title and control. That doesn't jive with anything I've been able to find....

Well... i wont read a history book to you....just telling ya whats going on here. I work in permiting a bit for the power company .... take that for what it is.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who owns it? BLM or the state of Nevada?
Not opinion but legally who owns the land?

According to the Federal government they say they own 80% of the land in this state. Some is military.... most is BLM and USFS.

Must be something too that since Nevada counties only have 20% of the land they can tax.

This deal smacks of Harry Reid.... but the same kind of crap happens in Elko and over this way to. BUNDY simply makes better news.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From reading Bundy's statements it seems that he believes that when Nevada became a state all federal lands passed into the hands of the state and therefore he owes nothing to the federal government.

That reasoning doesn't fly with me.

If you follow that logic the US government doesn't even own area 51 (if it exists).:hey3:

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Gov Sandoval is serious, why isn't he using all the power within his control to force BLM to cease their activity.

Hes done about every thing he can short of open war. The feds run the courts who hear this and our senior US Senator Reid is on the side of Vegas and anybody else he can screw.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bundy claims it's county property. The county bought out the permits and retired them. So Bundy want's it both ways? Either it's county property or it isn't. If it is, the county bought his permits and retired them. If it isn't, it's fed property and he had his day in court.

What a mess.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From reading Bundy's statements it seems that he believes that when Nevada became a state all federal lands passed into the hands of the state and therefore he owes nothing to the federal government.

That reasoning doesn't fly with me.

If you follow that logic the US government doesn't even own area 51 (if it exists).:hey3:
Who owns the ground Tinker Vance and Sill sits on? Just asking..... but every base closing i know of the feds returned that land to local govt. BLM is not DOD.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bundy claims it's county property. The county bought out the permits and retired them. So Bundy want's it both ways? Either it's county property or it isn't. If it is, the county bought his permits and retired them. If it isn't, it's fed property and he had his day in court.

What a mess.
And its the tip of the iceberg

Latest posts

Top Bottom