Rancher in Nevada being harassed by the FEDS and confiscating his cattle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.nevadaappeal.com/news/10968599-113/bundy-federal-blm-roundup
Heres todays paper.... if you really interested in this situation the Nevada Appeal up here in Carson lays it out.

Pretty clear the turtles have been in the mix..... sorry , this is old news for the locals in 7 states. When they come for ya'll this is how they warmed up.

Its not my position to take. Not all govt land is aquired the same way. National parks are public trust.... a lot of the properties were donated believe it or not

I didn't see a clear description of ownership in that article. I searched for a while myself to no avail.

Some claim it is state land administered by the feds, others claim it is federal land. Some claim it was state land and the feds seized it. Seems like nobody knows, or wants release, the facts.

One thing I do know is that Bundy doesn't get to decide who's land it is. It's sad that, according to news reports, the sum of the Governor's "outrage" is over the First Amendment Areas. If the state truly owned the land then surely the Gov has options that can be exercised to mitigate BLMs actions unless of course, as I suspect, the state abdicated it's authority over the land in question in return for other riches and rewards.

Nutty.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that our local LE officers won't side with the Feds in armed confrontations with citizens need to look at some of the videos coming out of this.

Can you give your opinion based on what you saw? I'm sure there are videos showing cooperation, but are their videos where the local police (or more importantly the Sheriff) refused to cooperate with the Feds?

Thanks.

LL

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't see a clear description of ownership in that article. I searched for a while myself to no avail.

Some claim it is state land administered by the feds, others claim it is federal land. Some claim it was state land and the feds seized it. Seems like nobody knows, or wants release, the facts.

One thing I do know is that Bundy doesn't get to decide who's land it is. It's sad that, according to news reports, the sum of the Governor's "outrage" is over the First Amendment Areas. If the state truly owned the land then surely the Gov has options that can be exercised to mitigate BLMs actions unless of course, as I suspect, the state abdicated it's authority over the land in question in return for other riches and rewards.

Nutty.

If your opinion of the BLM and Bundy are based as your explaining this situation you don't get the big picture

Bundy will probably loose this Battle.

The are against the BLM will continue on.

We'd like to use our land to generate revenue and economic growth, the BLM REQUIRES YOU To pay them to keep 80% of the ground in this state bare. public land.... Not as public as you think

Traditional the U S deed all ground in every state to the state . Especially after the States won suits all over the Midwest forcing the Feds to give back land to the states.

We are fighting for that in 7 states today and we have been for years.

The rest of the ******** is a sidebar....but hey, when folks have theirs it's easy to pick at why anyone else insist on theirs they are petty.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surely I'm not the only one that thinks of Open Range in reference to this story.

[video=youtube_share;LN0iLJanD30]http://youtu.be/LN0iLJanD30[/video]

Boss Spearman: Man's got a right to protect his property and his life, and we ain't lettin' no rancher or his lawman take either.

^^^couldn't locate that clip.

Latest posts

Top Bottom