Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 237997

I got a brand new 3d printer today and have printed a couple of test prints on it that I thought I would share. The one shown above is a "benchy", sort of a generic right of passage for new printers that has all the things that can make prints go wrong. If it can do a benchy well, it generally will print other stuff well. It came out beautifully except for some lite stringing.

The next print is a tree frog that has other things to screw up on, but came out nearly perfect, a little stringing again.
View attachment 238005

Last is a picture of the printer itself, a Prusa i3 MK3S+
View attachment 238006

The printer itself isn't cheap at $999 assembled and $750 in a kit
That could be an addictive hobby it appears. Great job!

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That could be an addictive hobby it appears. Great job!
It is, I first started printing about 7 years ago and keep upgrading machines. Got into it because I wanted to 3D print a part for use on ventilated babies (neonatal respiratory therapist) and I needed a way to do it. The part never went anywhere, but the hobby stuck.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is, I first started printing about 7 years ago and keep upgrading machines. Got into it because I wanted to 3D print a part for use on ventilated babies (neonatal respiratory therapist) and I needed a way to do it. The part never went anywhere, but the hobby stuck.
Didn’t you build some SD card holders at one time?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
tapatalk_-1600453918_680x609.jpeg

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 237997

I got a brand new 3d printer today and have printed a couple of test prints on it that I thought I would share. The one shown above is a "benchy", sort of a generic right of passage for new printers that has all the things that can make prints go wrong. If it can do a benchy well, it generally will print other stuff well. It came out beautifully except for some lite stringing.

The next print is a tree frog that has other things to screw up on, but came out nearly perfect, a little stringing again.
View attachment 238005

Last is a picture of the printer itself, a Prusa i3 MK3S+
View attachment 238006

The printer itself isn't cheap at $999 assembled and $750 in a kit
I'm sure there are better forums for me to ask, but...

How stable are these parts insofar as cold/heat and UV? I'm thinking about automobile interior parts specifically. Would they hold up in that environment?

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure there are better forums for me to ask, but...

How stable are these parts insofar as cold/heat and UV? I'm thinking about automobile interior parts specifically. Would they hold up in that environment?
Depends on the filament they are made from, ABS and PETG will hold up fairly well. The more common PLA will break down under those conditions. If you want something exotic that a hobbyist can't print, a company called shapeways will print for you in whatever you want, metal included.

Latest posts

Top Bottom