Random stuff you have made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve gotten tired of using a backpacking stove when hunting, or having to drag around a propane tank for my Coleman stove, so I made a small rocket stove for my solo camping/hunting trips. Doing my first test burn now, gotta still finalize the pot stand, legs, and finishing touches, but I’m pretty happy with it.
C72AC6DA-29C5-4FB6-8BED-04FB31D35F7E.jpeg
64CD44C8-041A-4B72-81C5-14C2E45E8B2D.jpeg

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you still liking the PM lathe?
I'm really liking it. My only complaint is the carriage gearbox is very notchy to engage. I told PM about it when it was new, and they said give it a while to break in. I haven't got back to them yet. One thing about any small lathe is dealing with the gears to change for threading. I didn't want to spend enough to get a gearhead lathe but, maybe I get an electric lead screw one day.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Ender 3 Pro arrived a couple of days ago. I had no idea how much fine tuning I'd need to do in order to try and complete a test print.
It takes a lot of fiddly bits to make 3d printing work right. One of the main reasons I went with a Prusa this time is that it takes fewer of them to run. Make sure you go over all the screws and tighten everything up, they often forget that at the factory.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve gotten tired of using a backpacking stove when hunting, or having to drag around a propane tank for my Coleman stove, so I made a small rocket stove for my solo camping/hunting trips. Doing my first test burn now, gotta still finalize the pot stand, legs, and finishing touches, but I’m pretty happy with it. View attachment 256646View attachment 256647
Like that i need to build me one to take on hunting trips

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It takes a lot of fiddly bits to make 3d printing work right. One of the main reasons I went with a Prusa this time is that it takes fewer of them to run. Make sure you go over all the screws and tighten everything up, they often forget that at the factory.
I thought about the Prusa. Almost I had went that route now. :)

I think I've got everything tight and ready.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First "successful" print . . .

A mini, Mini-14. Or at least that's what the file said it was . . . :blush:

View attachment 256774
The Benchy is the traditional first real print, it has all the things like overhangs that are a torture test for printers. If you can print a Benchy, you are likely to be able to print anything.

benchy.jpg

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Benchy is the traditional first real print, it has all the things like overhangs that are a torture test for printers. If you can print a Benchy, you are likely to be able to print anything.

View attachment 256799
I've see that around on various sites. Think I can just grab the stl file, slice it and print without a ton of modifications?

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should print fine, as long as your printer is dialed in.
And if the printer isn't dialed in, it will clue you to some things you need to dial in. There are a bunch of test print items at thinginverse called "calibration blocks" that will give you specifics of what you need to tweak. Gotta admit I 've not run any of them yet. I printed some small mini-lathe change gears on mine out of the box, and they meshed with original gears, figured that was close enough for then. That was a couple of years ago, and it's been sitting unused and buried since. Dug it out a few weeks ago, have some new things I need to print...

Don't hold your breath waiting!

Bill

Latest posts

Top Bottom