Randy Brogdon Challenging Mary Fallin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the UN wants to abort children up to aged 3 yrs old...but it doesn't make it right. Even the liberal Dave Navarro said "If it has hands, it's a person"...I think people who can rationalize abortion could rationalize about anything; they are in denial like alcoholics and drug addicts often are. That's my opinion. We need to allow VOLUNTARY sterilization....if you are a crack whore with 4 kids taken by the state already that you can't feed, then we tax payers will give you a 5000.00, tax-free cash payment to undergo the procedure. Then, there is no child that must have its little brains sucked out because of your irresponsibility...it's not the kid's fault he/she was occupying that womb.

Good for Brogdon for trying to prevent it

I wish we had a like button.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the UN wants to abort children up to aged 3 yrs old...but it doesn't make it right. Even the liberal Dave Navarro said "If it has hands, it's a person"...I think people who can rationalize abortion could rationalize about anything; they are in denial like alcoholics and drug addicts often are. That's my opinion. We need to allow VOLUNTARY sterilization....if you are a crack whore with 4 kids taken by the state already that you can't feed, then we tax payers will give you a 5000.00, tax-free cash payment to undergo the procedure. Then, there is no child that must have its little brains sucked out because of your irresponsibility...it's not the kid's fault he/she was occupying that womb.

Good for Brogdon for trying to prevent it

True true

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did anybody here Neal Boortz filling in for Hannity today? He made some good points about social issues. We will lose the election if we run on social issues..the dems like to try to use it against us but we have to stay focused on the fiscal/liberty issues if we want to win in 2014.

Of course, I adamantly opposed abortion myself, but I'd hammer home the fiscal and 0bongo-care stuff. The majority of the country opposes abortion too so it isn't something we'd need to run on, even though if given the chance I'd change the laws on it later on or let the states decide. But right now we have to take back the Senate to try and reverse course for the USA.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anybody here Neal Boortz filling in for Hannity today? He made some good points about social issues. We will lose the election if we run on social issues..the dems like to try to use it against us but we have to stay focused on the fiscal/liberty issues if we want to win in 2014.

Of course, I adamantly opposed abortion myself, but I'd hammer home the fiscal and 0bongo-care stuff. The majority of the country opposes abortion too so it isn't something we'd need to run on, even though if given the chance I'd change the laws on it later on or let the states decide. But right now we have to take back the Senate to try and reverse course for the USA.

This is the achilles heel of the Tea Party movement. The bible thumping, homophobic, xenophobic, anti abortion zealots flock to the Tea Party message and don't realize that they will kill the Tea Party if they don't temper their social agenda.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you mean "more conservative" (or maybe "more libertarian" in the way Bush was "more libertarian" than Obama). Based on the voting history caojyn posted, he seems far from libertarian. Increasing abortion regulations, increasing school board regulations, bans on scientific research, death penalty for second offense sex offenders, making it a felony to harbor illegal immigrants, etc.

You've done this before -- you are mischaracterizing any vote in favor of life (what I would call giving the benefit of the doubt to those still in the womb and not wanting human life created for experimentation) as non-Libertarian - that is a highly debatable point to say the least. Death penalty issues have no across the board consensus among Libertarians either nor does immigration reform/illegal immigration policy - I think you are confusing your own perspectives with "the" Libertarian ones. In fact, you are exposing the great Achilles Heel of the Libertarian movement in the US - it is so broad that it tends to fall apart over numerous specific issues and frequently neutralizes itself.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Agreed!

This is the achilles heel of the Tea Party movement. The bible thumping, homophobic, xenophobic, anti abortion zealots flock to the Tea Party message and don't realize that they will kill the Tea Party if they don't temper their social agenda.

Again you need to stop listening to the liberal talking heads and reading huffpuff. The Tea Party is not about social issues at all. That is just more left wing spin because they do not want the size of government cut at all, let along lower taxes.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'll +1 that. The only faces of the tea party that I've seen are those local around here, and the majority falls right in line with that.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again you need to stop listening to the liberal talking heads and reading huffpuff. The Tea Party is not about social issues at all. That is just more left wing spin because they do not want the size of government cut at all, let along lower taxes.

Which liberal talking heads might you be referring to? You would be shocked to know how little infotainment news channel programming I watch. My opinions are based off of the self identified Tea Party people I personally know and have seen make comments throughout social media and this site. The Tea Party supporters would do themselves a big favor by not pushing the social agenda I mentioned as it undercuts their argument for limited govt. and marginalizes their potential. If you are going to have the position of "The govt. can't tell me what guns I can own" then you better not have the position of "Them damn gays shouldn't be getting married cause the bible says it so." People can see right through that BS and the hypocrisy doesn't sell.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It's all going to depend on what candidate they choose to field. Case in point: McCain chose to support the new budget deal just for the sake of bipartisanship. He's one of the many who spooge their shorts when they get together with commiecrats and get something done. Anything, it matters not what it is, just something. Meanwhile McCain's best friend Lindsay Graham voted against it saying it cut too much out the military vets' support who have already paid dearly. That type of "playing nice" right there is the what will lose us yet another one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom