Randy Brogdon Challenging Mary Fallin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would need to see more of what the man stands for. I am pretty happy with Fallin so far.

the totalitarian?

- no guns on state property (except for her and her people) - criminals are know to follow the law in "gun-free" zones as we all know
- no e-cigs on state property (saves people from smoking the real thing; emits water vapor) - this law is sort of like"keep of the grass"...it is "just because she can"...may as well call her Mayor Bloomberg; what's next, large sodas state-wide?

I "think" Brogdon might be more libertarian than she based on how I remember Mark Shannon talking about him...let's hope so

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the totalitarian?

- no guns on state property (except for her and her people) - criminals are know to follow the law in "gun-free" zones as we all know
- no e-cigs on state property (saves people from smoking the real thing; emits water vapor) - this law is sort of like"keep of the grass"...it is "just because she can"...may as well call her Mayor Bloomberg; what's next, large sodas state-wide?

I "think" Brogdon might be more libertarian than she based on how i remember Mark Shannon talking about him.

could post more links but will post just two..
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/249784.php

http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm173222.htm

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

But they don't hurt other people's lungs...Will you be so understanding if she mandated veganism on you? PRINCIPLE DOES MATTER...

I think this is so funny that I find myself on this side of the argument this time...because I am very well-versed in health and alternative health matters and usually I'm the one who is slammed when I take a position like you are now. But in this case, I am analyzing the situation and siding with LIBERTY.

Bloomberg is 100% right about soda being bad for you; I agree with him. And if the FDA were to ban Aspartame (a known poison that pollutes even our rivers and water ways) then I'd actually support it...but I won't support a mayor or a governor banning a select product that contains it; that is a nanny state...To put it another way, if there was mercury in a Big Mac then ban the mercury and not the Big Mac; that is much more logical....do any of the intellectually honest among you see my point on that?

Last edited:

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But they don't hurt other people's lungs...Will you be so understanding if she mandated veganism on you? PRINCIPLE DOES MATTER...

I think this is so funny that I find myself on this side of the argument this time...because I am very well-versed in health and alternative health matters and usually I'm the one who is slammed when I take a position like you are now. But in this case, I am analyzing the situation and siding with LIBERTY.

Bloomberg is 100% right about soda being bad for you; I agree with him. And if the FDA were to ban Aspartame (a known poison that pollutes even our rivers and water ways) then I'd actually support it...but I won't support a mayor or a governor banning a select product that contains it; that is a nanny state...To put it another way, if there was mercury in a Big Mac then ban the mercury and not the Big Mack; that is much more logical....do any of the intellectually honest among you see my point on that?

please start providing actual studies or research of some kind.. you keep saying things that the e cig companies have been saying, which is not true.. once again from the FDA.
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...om-e-cigarettes-may-be-harmful-to-your-health

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
could post more links but will post just two..
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/249784.php

They were asked to use an electronic cigarette for 10 minutes, inhaling the vapors into their lungs. A spirometry test, as well as some others diagnostic procedures were used to measure their airway resistance. Airway resistance is used in respiratory physiology to measure the resistance of the respiratory tract to airflow coming in during inspiration (inhalation) and going out during expiration (exhalation).

They found that using an e-cigarette caused an instant increase in airway resistance that lasted for 10 minutes in the majority of the participants. Below are some of their findings:

Non-smokers - even among lifetimes non-smokers, using an e-cigarette for ten minutes raised their airway resistance to 206% from 182% (mean average); the researchers described this as a "significant increase".

Current regular smokers - among existing regular smokers, the spirometry tests revealed a significant rise in airway resistance to 220%, from 176% after using one e-cigarette for ten minutes.

COPD and Asthma patients experienced no significant increase in airway resistance from using one e-cigarette for ten minutes.

So the breathing difficulty lasts as long as you're using it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom