Ray Price has passed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The crew is getting smaller and smaller...Willie and Merle, maybe a few others whom I can't think of right now.

Real...and I mean real, (yes, I understand the outlaw movement)country music and the true coumtry musicians are falling fast. I personally believe country music started to fade for me about 1992 or 1993, when a famous Okie made it big. I also believe he was the beginning of the death of country...flying around the stage...a "rock" or alter-ego album. I don't know, what did I expect, country music to stay the same ...nothing can.

What is country music today..I don't know. About 90% of the coumtry..or so called country musicians today..I don't even know who they are.

I am leaning toward Hank III, Robert Earl Keen, and others who aren't quite mainstream.

Last edited:

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
R.I.P. Ray is credited as the person who gave many iconic country performers their start in the music business. He could take a four-chord gut bucket country song, fill the stage with great musicians, and produce some sweet music.

Cedar Creek

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man my father in law is going to be bummed, he is the biggest Ray price fan I have ever known.

Yeah, I grew up on Ray Price. He was my dad's favorite.

At least he got to see him in concert in Muskogee a few years ago.

Rest in peace.

I wonder who the third of the trifecta will be.

Peter O'toole died last night/this morning.

Yup. That's what I just said to my wife.

"Oh man- Ray Price died."

"Who is Ray Price."

"My dad's idol."

Latest posts

Top Bottom