RaysZ71

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would not attempt to do business with RayZ71 again. He agreed to purchase my boat. I agreed to hold it for him until Friday when he got paid. He said he was SURE he wanted it. During that time I received several calls on the boat from interested buyers saying they wanted it. I told them it was sold because Ray said he was sure he wanted. He said that Wednesday and Thursday.

We agreed he would pick up the boat on Friday at noon. I was there with everything ready and the title notarized at 11:45am. He sent me a PM at 12:30pm saying he forgot his phone or something and was running late.

I called him many times and sent him several PMs from 12-2:00pm before I finally went back to work.

At 12:30am Saturday he sent me a PM saying he couldn’t buy the boat. This is 12.5 HOURS after he was supposed to be there. He didn’t call or show up. I think if you make a commitment like that you should do everything within your power to see it through. This is the first time I have ever been stood up on Okshooters or on Craigslist.

Missing work cost me money and I lost potential sales by telling people it was sold.

In his last private message he said something unexpected came up. The PM is at the bottom of this post.

If something came up AT LEAST LET ME KNOW so I am not sitting at home missing work. All he would have had to do is let me know he wasn’t going to make it and I wouldn’t post negative feedback. Backing out of a deal last minute isn’t how I do business but if you are going to be that way, at least call and let someone know. He seems like a nice enough guy but I thought I should relay what happened.

Originally Posted by montesa
I'm leaving for the Lake friday at 5:30pm. If you can get it sometime before then I'll definitely hold it for you. I'm getting lots of interest on CL but I would rather sell it to a member.

If you are SURE you are going to buy it I'll hold it. I would hate to miss a sale if something changes. Know what I mean?

Thanks,

Jason
Rays reply: No I want it, I just don't have the cash until then and it would definitely be before 5:30. I leave at 3pm. It would be in the morning. If you could hold it for me, I would really appreciate it. My kids will love you forever..lol

Originally Posted by montesa
What time are you planning to come by for the boat tomorrow?
Rays reply: “I hve some erands to run around 10 am so Im thinking around noonish. My name's Ray and my number is . Call me around 11-11:30. Can you give me the address, I will map quest it. Thanks”

Last message sent by Ray 12 hours after we had agreed to meet:
“Sorry man, head some personal issues and a 300 electric bill that came today. Im very sorry but I wont be able to purchase the boat. I could help you sell it if you like. I know what I said but this was something unexpected, I had no control over it.”

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know what I said and Im a man of my word but when a 300 dollar bill comes up that my wife forgot to tell me until Friday, I can't buy a 450 dollar boat and not pay my bill. Paying my electric bill is more important then keeping my word in this circumstance. I felt really bad and I apologized but responsibilities come before toys. I think I offered to sell it for you too. Im sorry that you couldn't understand that and had to do this, I just found this. That boat was in good shape with accessories and would have loved to have it for my kids. I doubt you had a hard time selling it but ok, you did what you had to do, I understand.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a great and fast FTF with RaysZ71 today.

great communication, beat me to the meeting spot, and easy deal done.

Would do business with again, without question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom