Razors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wet shaving for several years now as a result of a thread on OSA. I tried several different safety razors and blades until I settled on what I likes best. Won't go back to expensive throwaway razors.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually use a combination of these. I use the double edge razor when I'm not in a hurry, and the Dorco for when I am. And for those that might want to know, the Dorco brand are the same (or at least used to be) as what Dollar Shave Club sells. Except you can get them straight from Amazon and not have to worry about the DSC membership (just another thing to keep track of).
I didn’t think the beardking would bother.🤣

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BIC Comfort 3 blades stays sharp for a few shaves . Also use an old safety razor with Feather blades . I have tried dozens of DE blades and like Feather.
IMHO feather blades are the sharpest (and one of the most expensive). I prefer them in certain DE razors, but not in others. I am currently fond of Gillette NACET stainless steel blades (made in Russia and purchased out of Turkey for around $20.00 for 300 blades). I think the price is up since I bought them. They actually seem to get sharper after each use at first - best shave around 3rd or 4th use.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, I haven’t had a razor touch my face in a while. I shaved clean when my daughter was little and holding her she reached up to touch my beard woke up and cried because she didn’t know who I was. The landlord also came to harass my wife because he thought I was a different guy than he rented to.He lived down the street and I had really long hair and a beard before.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 2 blade gillette sensor in the early 90s for work.It gave me a close shave so i bought a few more for the future.Not sure how many cartidges i bought during a 15 year time frame but i have enough to last me for 20 more years.I haven't used any other type that i like better.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 2 blade gillette sensor in the early 90s for work.It gave me a close shave so i bought a few more for the future.Not sure how many cartidges i bought during a 15 year time frame but i have enough to last me for 20 more years.I haven't used any other type that i like better.

Similar here as I have a Gillette Sensor two blade razor. I can get about two months worth of shaves out of each "cartridge." My youngest son also went out online and found a razor strop that is maybe 18 inches long and strops daily. He gets even more usage from each cartridge for his razor (not sure which one) than I get with mine.

Maybe I need to find a strop myself?

Latest posts

Top Bottom