RCGC Private range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's an eye opener to hear about all the disrespectful folks at red castle.

It's not a lot of people. just a couple we haven't caught yet.
when we put in the card reader, it cut out a lot.
Especially the ones shooting skeet,trap and wobble trap who were not paying.
they kicked out 5 or 6 last year.

Won't mention who they were cause at least 2 of them are on OSA.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a member for 15 years. I continue to maintain that membership for the use of certain facilities not found elsewhere.

I'm the same way, though I haven't been a member as long. I love being able to ding the iron silhouettes out to 500 yards; if another facility like USSA or Oil Capital had a range greater than 300 meters, I'd switch to that outfit.

Pity though how some people trash the RCGC equipment. Heck, it was what, a month, before someone shot holes in the new numbered metal signs put up at the bench rest area? It wasn't just one or two signs, but at least half of them. Either some idiot is deliberately vandalizing the signs, or there are a lot of lousy shooters using the place.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pity though how some people trash the RCGC equipment. Heck, it was what, a month, before someone shot holes in the new numbered metal signs put up at the bench rest area? It wasn't just one or two signs, but at least half of them. Either some idiot is deliberately vandalizing the signs, or there are a lot of lousy shooters using the place.

24 Hours!

idleclamp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really pissed about the cowboy action take-over too. I joined RC to shoot pistol and now the only place to do it is the junior bay. So am I in trouble for shooting there and not bringing junior (if there was one)? I would use the cowboy range if they had target stands out there. Sorry, I didn't get the memo....

:soapbox:

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really pissed about the cowboy action take-over too. I joined RC to shoot pistol and now the only place to do it is the junior bay. So am I in trouble for shooting there and not bringing junior (if there was one)? I would use the cowboy range if they had target stands out there. Sorry, I didn't get the memo....

:soapbox:

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Are you talking about the junior bay at the indoor range? Red Castle has, apart from the restricted cowboy range, a 50 yard pistol range, a pistol silhouette range, and the plinking range.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They also have what used to be the jr. range, which is the first range just uphill from the plinking range. The jr.'s quit using it years ago IIRC, and it was used as a 6th bay for USPSA and IDPA before they moved on.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They also have what used to be the jr. range, which is the first range just uphill from the plinking range. The jr.'s quit using it years ago IIRC, and it was used as a 6th bay for USPSA and IDPA before they moved on.

OHHHH ok. I didn't know that; the orientation manual I got still identified it as the junior range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom