RCGC Private range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, just some target stands and if you're lucky, sticks to put in them in the closet there. I just bring IDPA targets and my own wood lath for the stands.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So why do you shoot there instead of the pistol range? Do they not want you using your own stands at the other one?

For the type of shooting I do (IDPA practice) the regular pistol range doesn't work well due to the way the line is set up, lack of moveable target stands and linear shooting positions. At the jr. range you can set it up however you want.

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the type of shooting I do (IDPA practice) the regular pistol range doesn't work well due to the way the line is set up, lack of moveable target stands and linear shooting positions. At the jr. range you can set it up however you want.

This is good to know, thanks.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is good to know, thanks.

+1, I had thought the junior range was restricted to use by - well, juniors and their parents. That range will come in handy for shooting 7-yard and 10-yard targets instead of having to deal with the huge gap between the 3/5 and 25/50 yard targets at the pistol range.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thank you for this. I've been meaning to start doing some of these drills (PDF warning) and the RC pistol range is indeed set up more for bullseye type shooting rather than practical type shooting.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The junior range, 1st one you come to. hasn't probably had a junior on it in years.
99% of its use is guys practicing idpa type shooting .
There was 1 set of falling plates there as of last week unless somebody moved them.
just bring some silhouette targets, some cardboard and some lathe and your in business (like previously mentioned theres usually some in that range closet)

just no rifles except 22lr.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The junior range, 1st one you come to. hasn't probably had a junior on it in years.
99% of its use is guys practicing idpa type shooting .
There was 1 set of falling plates there as of last week unless somebody moved them.
just bring some silhouette targets, some cardboard and some lathe and your in business (like previously mentioned theres usually some in that range closet)

just no rifles except 22lr.

If would be awesome if we could keep a set of falling plates on the junior range. And not let the whole club know. They would last longer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom