Real question.... semi auto problem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay everyone here is the deal. Last night I caught my thumb under me funny as I turned over in bed. Dislocated the big joint at the wrist.

So today as I sat and contemplated just how silly this injury was and I got to thinking ...... How can I run the slide on a semi auto handgun with my weak side hand. I have seen folks who squat down and use the heal of their boot on the rear sight. If I squat down I will just tip over. :pms2:

Just to be clear I am talking about just using one hand that being my weak side.

Thanks for any ideas.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hook the rear sight on your belt.

Also, can you bring your weak side foot up some, either in front of or behind your strong leg? Then try the heel thing.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
your belt works great...also your pants pocket though it will eventually tear a hole in the pocket...

Last edited by a moderator:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of using my sights to rack the slide...I'm partial to pinching the slide behind the knee and pushing forward. But if you can't squat, you could try pinching it between your knees/lower thighs, pointing down and away from you of course, and pushing forward.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried the knee thing. It worked well enough I will practice with both hands as soon as I can. Instead of squatting down I just bent the knee up and was able to ballance on my one leg and cane.

Thanks folks for the ideas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom