Reality check today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well my wife and I went to OKC today to do a little tax free shopping for new work boots, shirts, and all the goodies needed to work and check cattle.

She wanted breakfast down in the Paseo District, after we left there we were fixing to stop for a light when we both noticed this piece of crap low life on the passenger side of the street kind of using a tree to hide behind.

Started slowing down for the light, noticed he’s locked in on us and starts coming towards us. I notice he’s got his hands in front of him and wondering what he’s trying to keep us from seeing.

Turns out he’s got a gun and he’s heading to our car. We blew the light not even looking for cross traffic, the good Lord blessed us a second time right there, the low life’s looking as us with a look of pure hatred and meanness.

Be careful when ya’ll pull up for a light, have a gun handy and protect your family, I had two guns on me and one in a cubby hole next to me but wouldn’t have had time to get one if we hadn’t seen the P.O.C coming.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you guys are ok. Kinda sad, there are some nicely revitalized areas and then the next block is sketchy. My daughter just moved to the 25th and shartel area. She has an alarm, a 9mm shield and a 20 gauge. Up and coming area but can’t take any chances.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m from a real little town, Gracemont, and people carry guns all the time but I know their intentions.

But some jackwad like that just kinda got me. About half an hour later I realized he was coming to my wife's side of the car and that got me ticked off even more.

Last edited:

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One reason I don't go to the city anymore, any parts of it for this reason. Just watch the news it has gotten bad, more so bricktown I have heard there is always some fight or something going on down there. Until I get something my self to carry I won't go anywhere I feel unsafe. I wish I had the extra money there is a nice sccy cpx2 in the classifieds I would love to have.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful when ya’ll pull up for a light, have a gun handy and protect your family, I had two guns on me and one in a cubby hole next to me but wouldn’t have had time to get one if we hadn’t seen the P.O.C coming.

Your most dangerous weapon in any setting is knowing what resources you have to address the situation. In this case, you had a 3000# very large caliber assault weapon under your control. Unlikely to miss your target should it be required to engage. You had freedom of action and used the vehicle to create space from the threat. If the POC had decided to bring the weapon to bear on you, could you have turned the wheel toward the threat and accelerated through him?

Latest posts

Top Bottom