Really getting attached to my National Match Gold Cup 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
coming up on 6 month mark with Gold Cup...

after spending many hours and shots getting acquainted, still have not changed my mind. This is the finest pistol I have ever had the privilege of shooting.

starting to understand all the hype about the 1911.

was wanting to upgrade to a Wilson... but convinced at my skill level, it will not make much if any difference.

many hours spent working on details. very smooooth, reliable and dead nuts accurate.
totally attached.. it'd take a really special 1911 to take it's place.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_goldcup3.JPG

1eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To answer the question, anybody fortunate enough to own a Colt 1911. I have two and trying to decide which one to shoot first is a personal dilemma every time I go to the range. Now everybody knows why I don't like plastic guns.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old 1960's Gold Cup National Match. It was a super performer in it's day. I have thoght about updating it with a beavertail safety and new hammer but decided to purchase a Springfield Trophy Match and leave the old Colt in it's original configuration.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
totally agree... wood grips are much better!
the hi-viz sights really improved pointing... changing tenon type sights can be intimidating until you do one.

made a tenon press ... now changing out tenon type sights are a piece of cake. trigger is soooo smooth.... clean break... feels lighter than it's actual 2lb 15oz weight.

I like those wood grips a lot better... looks nice

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Colt Gov't that i traded my dad out of, man, I love that pistol. Can't tell you how many rounds have been fired through it(probably can't haul them all on a ton truck) It's been rebuilt 3 times and had tha rails & slide redone once by Wilson.
My favorite pistol of all time is my old issue S&W Mod 686 .357 she and a Winchester model '92 in the same caliber were issued to me back in 1990, Carried both daily untill '07 when they re-issued Glock 22s and M-4 carbines, was Pi**** off for over a year and didn't trust the damn "plastic gun" and cuold'nt find a good way to carry the M-4 on my horse. Since then, after about 5000 rounds through both, I have finally been converted to a semi auto man. Can still qualify 10 to 15 points higher w/my old 686 and Mod '92 though.

noslogto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love shooting my Mark IV Gold Cup Match Colt!

The only problem with it is every time I take it to the range, everyone else wants to shoot it!

Did I mention I REALLY enjoyed shooting my Colt!

Of course the fact that my only other auto is a Kel-Tec helps seal the deal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom