Rear Hydraulic Remotes on JD 3025E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting/needing rear remotes on the tractor but I didn't want to pay the extortion rates the dealer wanted for installation. So, got the OEM kit delivered and decided to tackle this project. It seemed pretty intimidating looking at all the parts and page after page of instructions. But, it went fairly smoothly aside from the instructions were horrible. Got it all installed and tightened up, filled her up with fluid and fired her up. No leaks, everything works. It was a good day.

A.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg
D.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job getting them installed without any issues.

That's why I chose the Mahindra over the JD. Rear hydraulics are standard and not an option. In 2010 when buying the Mahindra, it was the only model to do so.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My JD came with rear hydraulics but i bought it used and larger than what most home owners buys but i got tired of looking and waiting for something that made my lights go off in my head and this one had what i wanted just bigger than what i really needed or i thought it has come in handy being bigger with pushing timber and stacking brush piles.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job getting them installed without any issues.

That's why I chose the Mahindra over the JD. Rear hydraulics are standard and not an option. In 2010 when buying the Mahindra, it was the only model to do so.

There are plenty of JD models with rear remotes as standard. Just not very many in my price range. As a matter of fact, in 3 or 4 years when I upgrade, I'm going to the 4052M Heavy Duty. That's my dream tractor right now.

I'll probably upgrade to a 3rd function controller as well before next summer. Putting remotes to the front should be much easier than putting them on the rear.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does the ergonomics feel working those levers while sitting in the seat?

It might be ok, but from pics, I just can not imagine it being very user friendly.

Check out the 4520s, the predecessor to the 4052.

In my opinion the the 4520 is a better tractor, and the 4520 does not have teir 4 emmissions crap.

The 4x20 series had a Deere engine too, with more torque than the newer yanamar.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does the ergonomics feel working those levers while sitting in the seat?

It might be ok, but from pics, I just can not imagine it being very user friendly.

Check out the 4520s, the predecessor to the 4052.

In my opinion the the 4520 is a better tractor, and the 4520 does not have teir 4 emmissions crap.

The 4x20 series had a Deere engine too, with more torque than the newer yanamar.

I thought it would be awkward, too, but it's actually not. I just have to turn slightly to the right and the levers are easily operated. I was pleasantly surprised because it does look like they would be hard to reach.

The only problem is the money people want for their used tractors...especially JD tractors. And, honestly, that's one of the main reasons for buying a big name as opposed to some of the others...like Mahindra. I've had them before and they're much harder to sell than orange or green. Big names like Deere and Kubota pretty much sell themselves.

The market may loosen a bit on used tractors by the time I'm ready to upgrade but I'm not gonna pay near new price for a 10 - 15 year old tractor. I also think the worry over the emissions stuff is a non-issue for the vast majority of people. I'd rather not have it on a tractor but it's not gonna keep me from buying new.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only problem is the money people want for their used tractors...especially JD tractors.
There are deals out there!

I helped a buddy go get a nice deere 3320 last year. Around 250 hour machine.

It includes what I call the doctor / lawyer package.
Tractor, loader, pallet forks, belly mower, brush hog, rotary tiller, and the auto connect quick hitch. Everything deere or frontier!

About 1/2 cost of comparable new.

Well this year he decided he wanted some upgrades and figured it was cheaper to buy another tractor with the stuff he wanted and keep what he wanted and sell the rest.

So away we went and picked him up a 3520, 170 hours even nicer than the first!

We was at a deere dealer last year and the guy told us that those diesel particulate filter exhaust is around $6000!

No thanks
I'll pass on that!

I dont mind old tractors!
I also think the worry over the emissions stuff is a non-issue for the vast majority of people.
Your probably right! The vast majority of people are probably gonna call the dealer when it quits working, tell the dealer to come get it and fix it.

Good to know your new set-up is accessable.

I think these tractors need a swivel seat! I spend a lot of time looking over the right shoulder

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are deals out there!

I helped a buddy go get a nice deere 3320 last year. Around 250 hour machine.

It includes what I call the doctor / lawyer package.
Tractor, loader, pallet forks, belly mower, brush hog, rotary tiller, and the auto connect quick hitch. Everything deere or frontier!

About 1/2 cost of comparable new.

Well this year he decided he wanted some upgrades and figured it was cheaper to buy another tractor with the stuff he wanted and keep what he wanted and sell the rest.

So away we went and picked him up a 3520, 170 hours even nicer than the first!

We was at a deere dealer last year and the guy told us that those diesel particulate filter exhaust is around $6000!

No thanks
I'll pass on that!

I dont mind old tractors!

Your probably right! The vast majority of people are probably gonna call the dealer when it quits working, tell the dealer to come get it and fix it.

Good to know your new set-up is accessable.

I think these tractors need a swivel seat! I spend a lot of time looking over the right shoulder

I have a 1965 Ford 4000, too. I love old tractors.

D.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom