Reasonable hoodie laws coming to the sooner state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great more stupid laws. Dude is even a republican. Needs to be punted. I might donate money to his primary opponent next time around. I'm going to at least give his office a call.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it already a felony to wear a ski mask in a convience store? I seem to remember reading that one in Title 21 awhile back.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We get the government we deserve. Anyone who voted for that moron should have their citizenship revoked.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't it already a felony to wear a ski mask in a convience store? I seem to remember reading that one in Title 21 awhile back.

Only illegal under current law:

during the commission of a crime or for the purpose of coercion, intimidation or harassment

The amendment would make it illegal:

To intentionally conceal his or her identity in a public place by means of a robe, mask, or other disguise

Then goes on to add some more exceptions to those already in the law:

those wearing coverings required by their religious beliefs, for safety or medical
purposes, or incidental to protection from the weather ... sporting groups, mascots

Really can't see why this is even news. Read the proposed amendment.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's news because it's stupid and the guy who authored it is apparently equally stupid as is whoever he consulted with at the DPS.

Who gets to define "incidental to protection from the weather". I'm fine at 10 degrees, my wife is freezing at 65 degrees...if she wraps a scarf around her face is she committing a crime? If I want to jog and get a good sweat going on a calm, warm day by putting my hood up, am I now committing a crime?

Latest posts

Top Bottom