Reasonable hoodie laws coming to the sooner state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I want to jog and get a good sweat going on a calm, warm day by putting my hood up, am I now committing a crime?

Are you doing it to conceal your identity?

I agree with those who say that it's mostly meaningless - but then if our legislative bodies (state and national) would toss out everything I think is mostly meaningless they'd only need to be in session for a week or two every year.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you doing it to conceal your identity?

I agree with those who say that it's mostly meaningless - but then if our legislative bodies (state and national) would toss out everything I think is mostly meaningless they'd only need to be in session for a week or two every year.

Who cares if I am doing it to conceal my identity if I am not committing a crime? I can wear a ski mask around in August if I want to look like an idiot. This bill takes the criminal behavior element out, and makes it a crime to simply conceal your identity.

What's next, everyone being required to wear their driver's license on a lanyard around their necks like employees of a company?

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh thank goodness. Free people need governments to legislate how they dress. The Constitution framers obviously forgot to include that.

Not specifically related to this, but I doubt the Constitution framers in their wildest imaginations ever contemplated the amount of rampant dumbassery that exists in modern society.

Who cares if I am doing it to conceal my identity if I am not committing a crime?

More to the point, how could they prove "why" you were doing it? That's why I think it's mostly meaningless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom