Recharging Silica Desiccant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a related note, where can I buy some of those small bags of it? Thought it might be good to toss a few in some containers.

Gunboat park surplus 4624 E 11th st. 918-833-5133
Will have some later today when they get their deliveries.
Which is usually after 1 pm. Have no idea what price they will be charging.

ekdkdk1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on doing this? I've got 5 lbs or so that needs recharging. It's color indicating. I tried it once in my oven on a deep cookie sheet and ended up getting silica beads everywhere.

my suggestion is to check out evadri it is a self contained des pack. it has an heating element inside of it. when the crystals are blue it is dry. when they turn pink they are wet. simple take it out of the safe plug it into a 110 outlet. about an hour it is ready to go back in the safe. no oven time. the biggest complaint i hear from people on these is how often they have to dry them. they tend to go from blue to clear to pink. people think when they go clear it is time to dry.. these things only have so many recycle rates. before they stop working. wait till they are pink. to dry. i have had one open in my shop for over a year and it still has is just starting to show pink. in oklahoma and dealing with safes for almost 20 years. i just do not feel you do not need them. but if you do.. that is what i recommend to my customers.. just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom