recommend a camera lens for me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Photo with the Tokina 12-24mm - the 11-16 has SUPERIOR optics to the 12-24 but if you are on a budget the 12-24 Tokina is still a great lens. Personally I would never own a Tokina lens.

awww.boomershooter.com_upload_images_72279499280849010925.jpg

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but great things about that Tokina. I even considered getting it at one point but ended up buying something else.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own quite a few Canon cameras and a dozen or so Canon lens. I have shopped the world over for lens over the last few years and the Sigma's, Tamron's and Tokina's simply don't come close to what you will get by sticking with Canon glass. Simply put, the Canon glass is the best on the market. I know as I have tried them all in comparisons to the Canon counterparts.

From what you say your use is, I would suggest a Canon Telephoto in the 15 - 55mm range. Or, perhaps a 17 - 85mm range. The 15/17mm gives you what you will need on the wide angle range and the 55/85 will give you some needed flexibility on the longer ranges. Go to the link below and you can find a Canon lens that will fit your needs and close to your price range.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional_cameras/ef_lens_lineup

If you want to go really cheap then give the Sigma, Tamron and/or Tokina lenses a shot, but you get what you pay for in the long run.

If you are interested shoot me a private message and I will give you a name and phone number of a person here in OKC that can give you some professional advice. I normally buy locally or in Dallas. Have also bought some of my gear from B&H Photo and had good luck. The reason I buy locally is two fold. I like to support the local economy and will do it every time if the price is comparable. The other is for warranty issues. You buy online and you might not get the warranty service, if you have problems.

Anyway this is just my two cents.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yo, save your money for ammo and just call your friends. I have the Canon 70-200mm IS f/2.8L, the 50mm f/1.4 and the 17-55mm IS f/2.8 lenses that you can borrow anytime. The 17-55 should suit your needs well.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All good advice above. I too shoot Nikon. You can find good deals on used glass. I have no idea what equipment you are using. But, one thing you should keep in mind is that lighting of a room is one of the most important elements of showcasing the room. There is a lot of info on forums surrounding room lighting techniques and some amazing things can be accomplished. Just something to keep in mind when considering real estate photography.

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yo, save your money for ammo and just call your friends. I have the Canon 70-200mm IS f/2.8L, the 50mm f/1.4 and the 17-55mm IS f/2.8 lenses that you can borrow anytime. The 17-55 should suit your needs well.

If I were buying a lens for what he is doing the 17/55 would be the one I would buy. Also, as the post below suggested a good flash unit would be really useful as well. I think his Rebel has a built in flash. That will work, but the bigger ones where you can bounce the light would help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom