Vacuum for Mix of Tile/Hardwoord/Carpet - Opinions Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Actual Model we have was replaced by the Bissell Helix Line. I think this one is close to what we have.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-Rewind-SmartClean-Bagless-Upright-Vacuum-58F83/19647159

Thanks, Kyle! Appreciate the link!

As to the long hair conundrum with the roller, every few weeks, I just take a pocket knife to it like gfercaks33 said. No getting around long hair in that situation.

Guess I'll show the links to my wife, and let her decide which to purchase, that way it pushes the blame off of me should it not meet her expectations. :pms2:

Appreciate all the input y'all!

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We purchased the Shark Navigator Lift-away Pro NV370 model. I signed up for Bed Bath and Beyond's emails and got a 20% off coupon, then purchased the unit for $40 off. The mouth of the vacuum is a bit smaller than our hoover was, but it's suction is greater. It has the ability to turn off the brush roller while on hard floors, saving the brush from needless wear. We have a 6'x12' area rug in the living room where the dog and cat usually lay. I went over it for the first time and the amount of hair/dirt it pulled up was impressive. The pet hair removal tool actually works, unlike the one that came with our hoover. Overall, we're very pleased with the choice. Thanks again for all the input.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We purchased the Shark Navigator Lift-away Pro NV370 model. I signed up for Bed Bath and Beyond's emails and got a 20% off coupon, then purchased the unit for $40 off. The mouth of the vacuum is a bit smaller than our hoover was, but it's suction is greater. It has the ability to turn off the brush roller while on hard floors, saving the brush from needless wear. We have a 6'x12' area rug in the living room where the dog and cat usually lay. I went over it for the first time and the amount of hair/dirt it pulled up was impressive. The pet hair removal tool actually works, unlike the one that came with our hoover. Overall, we're very pleased with the choice. Thanks again for all the input.
I have a shark professional and it is the best vaccuum I have ever had. Even better than my old dyson. You made a great decision getting the shark. Plus the price of the shark is hard to beat. I use mine everyday and it has yet to lose any suction. I have ocd so you can imagine how much I use mine. Hope you are happy with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom