Recommendation for CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a Bersa uc 9 for conceal carry daily. it is a very small double stack 9 and is comfortabl to carry. I have put about 500 rounds through it and have yet to experience any failure. It cost around $300 so is cheap reliability and with the steel slide and metal alloy frame, is a pleasure to shoot all day long.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the biggest, most powerful, longest sight-radius handgun that you can afford, that works 100% of the time and that you will carry everywhere you go.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i bought a taurus millinium(first mistake) thinking it would be a good carry gun, learned my leason, sold it and went out and bought a airweight today, i love how well its made hopefully i will get to go out and fire it tomorrow but i would recommend it as a carry weapon in a heartbeat

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of the guns you suggested, I'd go with a S&W 642 or 442. A .38 spl +P is a decent self-defense round and it will be easy to carry. Light .38 spl loads aren't bad out of the Airweight. A Ruger SP101 in .357 would be better, but it weighs quite a bit more.

That being said, you've got to change things up a little when you carry. You need to wear clothes that are a little bigger. Instead of bending over, take a knee, keeping your back straight, etc. With the proper clothes and being careful about how I move I can carry a Sig 220 or 1911 about 75 percent of the year.

Cheepshooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved the looks of the Ruger SP101 that I picked one up at a gun show and thought it was a little heavy for everyday carry.

I like the hammerless Taurus 2" 357 (5 shot). It's about $320 I think. The 38 Special was cheaper, and is +P rated. 38 Special is way better than a stick.

Jpt

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i know what dryfiring is but i don't know why i should be practicing can someone explain.

also i was lookin at j-frames on line and found one at budsgunshop.com for about $450 but i also found a ruger sp101 for the same price. i know it's goin in a different direction but would a sp101 make a good cc gun.

when you are practicing by dry firing, take a dime and balance it on the front sight, when you get to where you can dry fire your pistol without losing the dime off of the front sight, your trigger control will be better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom