Recommendations on Fridge Repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has any recommendations about who to call for fridge repairs or ideas on what might be wrong with my unit.

Sunday I had mine die and I'm a few things away from running out of the "possible easy fix" list. I've got a backup fridge that I cleaned and is being sanitized by the brilliant UV rays of the July sun. But but but I want my side by side back!

Sunday night the freezer/fridge both lost cooling. After a power cycle, and a lot of cussing, the freezer works now, but the fridge doesn't cool. (although it seems likes it's trying to?) nothing appears to be blown out, the condenser fan is fine, so I'm slightly lost outside of internet help.

It's a whirlpool side by side.

So...any ideas, or names of good and low cost repair people??????

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something you might look at is pulling it away from the wall cleaning any dust or animal hair from around the fan. If it has one. Worked for me a couple of times.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since one side is cooling, I would have to say it is not likely the phase change system that has any issues. You said the fan is working - you considered the thermostat?

I would recommend names, but seeing as how I recently moved back to Tulsa, I am not sure who is around here anymore. I worked for Sears, and while I have faith in all the refrigeration techs they have, they're a bit pricey.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah....my cat's not been the worst about shedding, but I did that part yesterday.

I might have been a little on the frustrated side because I took the cover off and then used the leafblower to spray out the bottom :D

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since one side is cooling, I would have to say it is not likely the phase change system that has any issues. You said the fan is working - you considered the thermostat?

Yeah...later on today I'm going to be doing the good old-fashioned "pull out and reseat wires" trick to see if that helps and checking the thermo is one of the items on the list.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
side by sides usually will have two controls. one that operates the compressor.
the other one operates a trap door that controls flow of air between the two sides.

sometimes ice will block passage. odds are your duct is blocked
be careful cycling your compressor too many times from warm.
this puts a large load on compressor and can kill it.

you can defrost both sides by unplugging to clear passage from ice
but it's better to use a heat gun or a hair dryer.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've had Community Appliance Service work on our refrigerator(under warranty). The Tech was knowledgeable and did good work.

(918) 785-2398

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J&J appliances, they came and fixed a total wreck of a fridge that a tennent left in a rent house, but it was a great looking fridge,
They fixed it in less than an hour and now it runs great.

I think it cost me $75 but that included controls and other parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom