Fridge on the blink (I think.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE:

The unit is still holding the correct cold temperatures after my "reboot" (unplug/replug) early this morning. We're going to let it go about 48 hours like this to see if it messes up again or if this was just some sort of anomaly. I'll be surprised if that's the case but it would be nice to put this expense off for a while at least.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I think you nailed it!!

Bryan

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had old analog fridges last forever, but these newer fridges I've had some serious issues with. The problems always begin after the warranty expires.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Did you roll it out from the wall, clean the coils on the back,(if visible) and use compressor or leaf blower to clean out around compressor. its usually hiding behind a fiberboard piece full of holes
It’s amazing how much dust and build up an be in there. Used to do ours every couple of years. I took the cardboard cover off the back and the vent off the front. Piles of dust and lint would come out. I’d shop vac it out though. When we moved, I took the blower to it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could always go to applianceclinic.com and enter the model # etc and symptoms and they'll give you a wag on what could be wrong. I've used them before and bought parts to repair my refrigerator.

Latest posts

Top Bottom