Red dot question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Holosun and Trijicon they are the only ones I have experience with, very nice to have on a pistol. I like enclosed emitters more, they are easier to keep clean.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the one I ordered

I have the same optic I am soon to try.

C40655C2-D9CD-45A8-8024-9A1D0EA81B92.jpeg

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally put an RMR on my G19, and it's pretty incredible. There's a learning curve in terms of acquiring the dot, but man oh man it's a huge game changer. I'm still chasing the dot a little bit, but my long range shooting is basically double what it used to be. A dot basically lets you shoot a compact or even sub compact as well as you could a long slide with target sights. And being a red dot, of course you can acquire it a lot faster and see it a lot better than target sights, so it's the best of both worlds.

There's a lot of controversy on dot size. I got the 3MOA version and I think that's a great place to start. A lot of people say you'll eventually want the 1MOA, but I think that would have been rough starting out with. The 3MOA isn't too hard to learn on, and I can make hits on a medium steel target at 50 yards with it, which is way more distance than you would likely ever need to shoot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom