Red River Ammo Co.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well as some of you may have seen in another thread, there is a new ammo company called Red River Ammo Company that is based out of Edmond. A buddy of mine is one of the owners. I went shooting with him and my brother today. My brother and I were both shooting 9's. Me, a springfield xd, and my brother the wonderful Hi-point. Both shot great with the ammo, although the hi point jammed a couple times with the winchester white box stuff. Every round fired great, no problems feeding or jamming.

He has an account on here now but not sure how much time he has to be on here, and they are working on the website right now. I'd recommend giving them a try, and you can send me or red river ammo a message or post on here for any questions.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you guys happen to have anny 8mm mauser ammo? I can only find it at brigadoons and outdoor america and it is all surplus.

Do they have a website? I would like to get some prices.

They currently have 9, 40, and 45 I believe but are working on .380 I think is what he told me earlier. I doubt they will manufacture any but he might be able to get back to you on ordering some.

Thhe website is http://www.redriverammo.com but is under construction... Trevor will have to get on here with that info too.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you guys happen to have anny 8mm mauser ammo? I can only find it at brigadoons and outdoor america and it is all surplus.

Have you checked Bass Pro? I know I've seen it there recently. Since it's commercial, it's definitely not cheap though.

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I appreciate the interest. I don't want to post prices on here yet as I am trying to become an advertiser here and until then I don't want to go overboard with promoting our ammo. Please PM me with any questions regarding price and quantity or call the number listed on the website. Shooter is correct that we only currently load 9mm, .40, and .45acp. We should have some .380 out later this week. We also expect to add the equipment to do .38/.357 and .45 Colt soon. Again, thanks for the interest. I hope you all get a chance to try some of our ammo. Please PM any pricing questions until we get the advertising sorted out.

Thanks,

Trevor

ETA: Shooter is correct we don't have any 8mm. The only place beside Brigadoon that I have seen it recently is Alamo Company in Chickasha, OK.

okroyal

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I happened upon RedRiver ammo at the Wanenmacher gun show last week and picked up a box of the remanufactured 9mm. Went to the range this morning for some practice and happy to report, I did not have any problems with the red river ammo in my Ruger SR9.

I have been experimenting with different brands of ammo in the SR9. I have tried Monarch, Blazer, Winchester WB, Federal and now Red River with the following results:

1. Monarch - Very dirty ammo with two FTF's. You could see the impression on the primer, but both FTF.

2. Blazer - No problems noted.

3. WWB - No problems noted. Probably the cleanest ammo of the bunch.

4. Federal - 1 FTE. I have not finished the complete box, yet.

5. Red River - No problems noted. Maybe a little dirtier than the WWB, but that may be more due to the fact that I was shooting Federal in the other magazine. There also seemed to be more flash, but that may have been due to the lighting at the range.

I am by no means an expert in ammo, as I am a relatively new shooter, but these are some of my observations. These observations are also based on small sample sizes as well. I would not hesitate to buy the Red River ammo again.

If anybody has some differing ideas, I would be glad to hear them as I am always willing to learn.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
thanks for the report okroyal, i'm in edmond and will definitely check them out. any plans on a rental storefront in one of the local business complexes? 45 is tough to come by on the northside right now. i'd bet you could sell a few rounds. good luck and you'll be hearing from me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom