Red River Ammo Co.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the review okroyal. I'm glad you liked our ammo.

Dlbleak, we have an office/store front in edmond behind the spiritbank on south boulevard between 33rd and memorial. We are at 3847 s. Boulevard suite 100. Please give me a call if you would like to come by and check out our ammo. 405-207-1331. Thanks

Trevor

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
do we need to call or is it open door. i'm out and about all over town and like to make impulsive stops at places that have guns and ammo.:wink2:

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, It's by appointment only right now. We are still setting up things for the store front and we run another business out of there also. Give me a call some time and you can swing by. We should be open regularly very soon though.

new_glock17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had several jams with the Red River ammo at Sgt. Everrets... Not sure if I just had an unlucky box or what. I shot a box of Winchester 9mm and it was fine.

Freak occurrence?

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's certainly not the norm. Do you happen to still have the box? If so there is a lot number stamped on the end of the Styrofoam insert that we can reference to see all of the loading details on that lot. P.M. me your contact info and I will get you another box to test out.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Trevor

new_glock17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, here are my results from the new box Red River provided... (Btw, AWESOME service)

After going through 50 rounds my brother and I had 4 FTLs, all by him. This was his first time shooting. This makes me think 2 things:

1) Both he and I were limp wristing (though I did not get any FTLs the 2nd time around)
2) Brand new Glock17 Gen4 spring is probably stiff and needs a few hundred rounds to break in
3) WWB rounds are slightly hotter than Red River, thus I didn't get any FTLs with them.

Conclusion? Red River Ammo is perfectly fine for practicing. I don't know if I was using standard 9mm or the low-recoil 9mm, but it was fun shooting.

Thanks to Trevor from Red River Ammo!

Latest posts

Top Bottom