Redefining moments in your life...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My life changing moment was the military, and the era that I was in.
Prior to being drafted, I was one step away from going to prison. I had no respect for the law, no respect for others rights, teachers, no respect for anything. Fighting/street racing, is what I loved to do.

Getting to basic training, I still remember my DI's, Jim Wasnuski, and Gerald Porter. Both fresh from Vietnam. It was the old Army where you learned it, or they beat it into you.
They pretty much had to beat it into me, and later on, after deployment, I had some serious Epiphany's, about what life is really like. The old saying there are no atheist in a foxhole is really true. Fighting became a method to save your buddy, not to intimidate like the High School crap.
Learned honor, respect, and to trust my fellow man.
After getting out, I raised two sons,mostly on my own after a divorce, and could be accused of trying too hard to instill my new-found respect on them. We had major battles, but I guess some of it soaked in as they are upstanding men now. So much for my story.

Upstanding offspring are hard to come by without an upstanding example. Just saying, DH.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was gonna say the motorcycle wreck I was in, that I never should have been able to walk away from, but that just seems out place with all the talk of everyone's spawn.

I think life gives us many opportunities to re-evaluate ourselves... I could have said cancer that was declared terminal after 3 months of chemical therapy. While It did reshape who I am, and how I think, it isn't the most recent and most powerful.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was gonna say the motorcycle wreck I was in, that I never should have been able to walk away from, but that just seems out place with all the talk of everyone's spawn.

I disagree with you.
It was a life changing moment. My last year of road bikes resulted in laying my gold wing down twice to drivers pulling out in front of me.
It was like slow motion, with lots of time to think. It could certainly change ones way of thinking about life.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son was born first and immediately my life changed; I became much more focused on family and the future. My daughter was born 5 years later and I became more focused on her. But my son will always be my 'first pride and joy' closely followed by my daughter whom I love completely. It's been a nice life watching them grow up, become productive adults and facing their own challenges. Son is 40 and daughter is 35. Both are joys

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My son was born first and immediately my life changed; I became much more focused on family and the future. My daughter was born 5 years later and I became more focused on her. But my son will always be my 'first pride and joy' closely followed by my daughter whom I love completely. It's been a nice life watching them grow up, become productive adults and facing their own challenges. Son is 40 and daughter is 35. Both are joys

My son is 36 and daughter 39, got to agree with you natgas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom