Refletching arrows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned a Whisker Biscuit is the best hunting rest out there. I fletch my arrows with a blitzenberger(sp) right helical feathers with no problems tearing up my fletching. I set my nock dead level otherwise it will eat up my fletching.

just curious but why do u think the WB is the best hunting rest? im not saying u cant shoot a heli with them but its best to use straight fletch on them... u never know when it might mess up and it will allways be at the worst time :)

as for the shrink fletch, i used some for about 10min then cut them off. they are ok for spur of the moment quickfix dunk them in your coffee if your out and have nothing else but they arnt consistent enough for me to shoot all the time.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned a Whisker Biscuit is the best hunting rest out there. I fletch my arrows with a blitzenberger(sp) right helical feathers with no problems tearing up my fletching. I set my nock dead level otherwise it will eat up my fletching.

just curious but why do u think they WB is the best hunt rest?
u can use a heli with them but it not a great idea cause when it does mess up it will be at the worst time :)

as for the shrink fletch... i used some for about 10min the cut them off. they are great for a in the field quickfix dunk them in your coffee if you have no other option but as for shooting them all the time, they are to inconsistent for me.

big-triple-d

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have switch all my arrows to the NAP shrink fletch twister, I like them a lot. I tried the extreme shrink fletching and they were not straight, so I switched to the NAP products. I have a buddy that likes the NAP quick spins better. As for accuracy we have both robin hooded arrows in the last month using them. Getting a little board with the block ready for something brown a furry.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 for the shrink fletching gigs, they are pretty stinkin' handy. I killed two deer with arrows that were wearing them last year. Both clean kills (except for me getting muddy, falling in the creek, yadda yadda but thats a different story)

Reaction score
I just ran onto the heat shrink fletching. Thinking about getting some to try on the Xbow

No, don't do it Dennis - waste of money. I tried it, and followed directions to a T. They still all slipped and came off within just a few shots. Pure-D junk. At least the brand I tried, from Bass Pro - can't remember which brand.

Having said that, if you put them on big fat xbow bolts or fat old school aluminum arrows, maybe the extra diameter will make them fit tighter and thus stay on - I dunno. But they are certainly worthless for standard skinny V-bow carbon arrows.

I plan on putting 4" Quik-Spin STs on my Tac-10 X-bow bolts with the Blitzenbarger before the season. The Tac-10 does have a whisker biscuit on it.

But I can't decide whether to use helical, 2 degree, 3 degree, or more offset - which would be best for fat 26", 350 fps bolts through a biscuit?? The quick-spins spin them already a little bit, so maybe just a 2 degree offset?

Latest posts

Top Bottom