Reloading Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Go through the FAQ thread, there are some questions that you need to answer before we can be of much help.

Once you have some parameters, there is a LOT of knowledge on this forum.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would suggest that while you are researching the right setup for you, pick up a used single stage press. That will let you get your feet wet in reloading and even after you locate the press of your dreams, you will still use your single stage in certain applications.

Strokin04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered my first reloader and I went with the Hornady lock n load classic single stage kit. This way I can learn to reload properly with the single stage and when I become comfortable I will buy a progressive press to load handgun rounds faster.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everywhere you see "single stage" replace with "turret" and your reloading experience will be as simple, but much more rewarding. Check it out. Nearly all the companies make them, and they aren't a lot higher than single stage presses, but are much faster and more convenient. CB

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you can buy the entire Hornady LNL Classic kit for just a few dollars more than the Redding T7, and change dies just as quickly.

The LNL is a progressive press. As to changing dies, with a turret you never have to do that. Just get a spare turret if you want to load other calibers, install the dies, and leave them there.

The LNL looks like a good first progressive press, but it's not the place for a beginner to start.

I think the Redding T-7 is the most expensive turret press. Lee has one for much less. Mine are Lyman, and they are more expensive than most. The Redding is an excellent press, just a little pricy. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom