Reloading Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Hard to go wrong with a dillon 550 and if you decide to move to a progressive later, they have excellent resale value. I've had a square deal, 550, hornady lock n load, now a 650. I can consistently load 400 an hour on the 650 taking it slow enough to watch what I'm doing.

doublearon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The LNL is a progressive press. As to changing dies, with a turret you never have to do that. Just get a spare turret if you want to load other calibers, install the dies, and leave them there.

The LNL looks like a good first progressive press, but it's not the place for a beginner to start.

I think the Redding T-7 is the most expensive turret press. Lee has one for much less. Mine are Lyman, and they are more expensive than most. The Redding is an excellent press, just a little pricy. CB

ai171.photobucket.com_albums_u317_DoubleARon_2007_Room1.jpg

ai171.photobucket.com_albums_u317_DoubleARon_2007_Room2.jpg

LNL Classic(came with the kit), LNL AP, and Redding T7. The T7 makes the Lyman turret press look like a toy.

doublearon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gladiator(by Whirlpool). Available from sears. About 2 inches thick, made of butcher block. Move your stuff in from the garage, before the heat and humidity take their toll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom