Reloads in a glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A fellow on the Enos forum just kb'd his Glock last week with hardcast reloads. Its more than "urban legend".

I would strongly recommend this: http://www.amazon.com/Predictably-Irrational-Revised-Expanded-Decisions/dp/0061854549

Ariely does an excellent (and very easily read) job of analyzing why humans do incredibly stupid, irrational things in the face of substantial evidence and experience contrary to their desires.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A fellow on the Enos forum just kb'd his Glock last week with hardcast reloads. Its more than "urban legend".

I would strongly recommend this: http://www.amazon.com/Predictably-Irrational-Revised-Expanded-Decisions/dp/0061854549

Ariely does an excellent (and very easily read) job of analyzing why humans do incredibly stupid, irrational things in the face of substantial evidence and experience contrary to their desires.

I have been told that Glocks are perfect so that obviously never happened.

Reloads in a glock = aftermarket barrel for me. Lonewolf barrels are like $100 so that's cheap insurance. YMMV.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel fortunate to still have an operable firearm and all my fingers! You see, I hadn't read this thread and took a brand new Glock 30sf to the range last Wednesday. I shot 200 rounds of our hard cast 200gr. SWC lead bullet through it. It's a miracle I survived!

Ok, that was a tad sarcastic. In the end, there are two groups of people in this world. First, those that read crap on the Internet and promote it as fact themselves. Second, those that get out from behind the computer, experience life and see for themselves what is fact or fiction.

Anybody know at what point my kB should have occurred in my G30sf? I'm willing to load TWICE that amount and head to the range. :)

I have gone 1500 rounds in my G17 without cleaning it while shooting our lead bullets. I think I could have easily gone another 1500.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot a few hundred rounds of cast lead reloads out of my G17 with no issues. I won't do it again simply because dealing with lead is a nightmare for those who expect to live to 100 without degenerating into crazy babbling simpletons that wear diapers and are a burden to their families and society.

It would take shooting a RIDICULOUS amount of rounds, somewhere in the neighborhood of tens of thousands per week, before that would ever be a possibility.

Latest posts

Top Bottom