Remember when................................?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Backseat in a souped up 56 Chevy at the drive in, gas for $00.23 a gallon, cigarettes for $00.25 a pack, senior cords, when the flying tigers came home from ww2, my uncles coming home from Korea, the old twa constellation airplanes with 3 vertical tails, old time steam engines pulling trains and blowing black smoke going up the long grade outside of town, the first diesel electric train engines they sure were ugly, the state police and county sheriff dept drove Hudson hornets with bubble gum lights on top until they bought'52-'53 v8 fords and still had the bubble gum red lights, straight pipes on 49 fords and mercury's, cars lowered, dagoed, or jacked front ends with aluminum spacers in the front springs, rat killin at the county dump.

Damn I'm old.........

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I decided we need another participation thread. Everyone enjoys them, right? Of course, you do!

Since many of us are officially "Old Fogies," it might be fun to reminisce about the things we from our childhoods that may be "out-of-style" today. And, of course, you young Whippersnappers can join in too.
Define "young Wippersnappers" please, around here that might be 60...

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coke in glass bottles that was not Mexican. Candy cigarettes. Sting ray bike with a banana seat and a baseball card in the spokes for sound effect. The first color console TV in the neighborhood watching Bonanza in color Later in life the game of the century and Atari & Nintendo first generation games.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I remember walking to the theatre and watching jaws repeatedly and mark that day as the day I became a movie buff.... Kind of do not watch much of anything anymore.... just re-makes and super hero crap anymore!!
Coits!!!

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, reminiscing. Let's see.
Working in the wheat fields, driving wheat trucks to the elevator, spending hours upon hours in a tractor, Hatties diary farm where we got fresh milk (with cream) and a piece of apple pie, TG&Y, cracker jacks, fishing, hunting, the school bus getting stuck in the mud in front of the house, dressing chickens, butchering cattle, getting thrown from more than one horse (I could never ride very well), setting traps by the creek, stepping on sand burrs, riding in back of a pickup, family reunions, when I got my license, dragging main, and so much more.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Was absolutely positive the song by the Georgia Satellites -Keep your hands to yourself- was about a gal named Karen...... Marriage minded gal that was nutty but I had just enough sense to run like hell.... :mosh::cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom