Remember when................................?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, most of them have rips…

Pisses me off. I don't understand it. I've (we all have I'm sure) girls wearing jeans with more skin showing than denim. Someone please explain that to me. My mother would cut off and hem my jeans when the cuff frayed. Sometimes just in the back. Then they got made into shorts, but we never wore ripped clothes to town, ever.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pisses me off. I don't understand it. I've (we all have I'm sure) girls wearing jeans with more skin showing than denim. Someone please explain that to me. My mother would cut off and hem my jeans when the cuff frayed. Sometimes just in the back. Then they got made into shorts, but we never wore ripped clothes to town, ever.
fashion? I'm sure there were people wondering why a lady dared to show her ankles the first time it happened, too.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fashion? I'm sure there were people wondering why a lady dared to show her ankles the first time it happened, too.

Could be fashion. I think that's probably the reason I hear most. I tend to believe it has more to do with ignorance and stupidity, but that's just me. My girlfriend's daughter wears that ****. She's not all that bright. Anecdotally, that's how I formed my opinion. Plus, they buying them new that way and paying more than they would for a complete pair of pants without the rips and holes. That doesn't seem all that bright to me.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Could be fashion. I think that's probably the reason I hear most. I tend to believe it has more to do with ignorance and stupidity, but that's just me. My girlfriend's daughter wears that ****. She's not all that bright. Anecdotally, that's how I formed my opinion. Plus, they buying them new that way and paying more than they would for a complete pair of pants without the rips and holes. That doesn't seem all that bright to me.
Why were bell bottoms and wide flared collars popular? Leisure suits?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could be fashion.
Ripped, distressed, and the ever-popular acid-washed jeans were “in” when I was in middle school and mid-high. Even if I had wanted some (which my decidedly antisocial self did not), there’s no way my mom would’ve let me leave the house dressed like that.

Then again, while I was in mid-high, there were a couple of punk rock fashionistas who wore literal trash bags (like, for sure, really, the big contractor bags) to school as dresses, so there’s no accounting for taste.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may be correct on this, I don't know for certain,,,
But the Sonic in Stillwater, OK has a huge banner saying they were the first one.

People drive long distances to eat there just for that.

Aarond

They’re probably the oldest Sonic Drive In that’s still a Sonic, but I’m pretty sure Sonic got started in Shawnee. I know BancFirst said Sonic started in Shawnee in one of their TV commercials, but you never can tell with them bankers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom