Remington in trouble?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago, I bought a 700 in .308 from a buddy of mine. He goes on to tell this story about how it was built in the custom shop for the Atlanta SWAT team in preparation for the 1994 Olympics and he somehow got it from a friend brand new as a leftover. Anyway he goes on and on about how accurate it is. I'm thinking to myself, yeah, OK, blah blah blah.
On my first outing, cold bore is 1" high at 100. Next three cloverleaf dead on and you can cover them with a dime. The entire four shot group you can cover with a quarter. Pics posted tomorrow.

Remington quality---RIP.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My old mod 700 in ADL stock, .22-250 is a tack driver. Prior to the trigger debacle, but I'd already converted it to a Timney trigger.
Cover the group with a dime at 100 yds, and cover it with a nickel at 200 yds.
That is the last Remington rifle I've ever bought. I did pick up a NIB Rem 1100 light 20 from the 60's awhile back. Still had the TG&Y tags on it from an elderly gentleman that bought it for a quail hunt in Ks. and broke his leg in a car accident the day before the hunt. Never shot it, but kept it oiled in the closet for the next 40 or so years. (edited the date to correct for fat finger error.)
It's a beautiful gun with walnut that would be seen on a very high end gun now. Fit and finish is perfect.

Last edited:

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years ago, I bought a 700 in .308 from a buddy of mine. He goes on to tell this story about how it was built in the custom shop for the Atlanta SWAT team in preparation for the 1994 Olympics and he somehow got it from a friend brand new as a leftover. Anyway he goes on and on about how accurate it is. I'm thinking to myself, yeah, OK, blah blah blah.
On my first outing, cold bore is 1" high at 100. Next three cloverleaf dead on and you can cover them with a dime. The entire four shot group you can cover with a quarter. Pics posted tomorrow.

Remington quality---RIP.
IMG_4818.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom