removing media dust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard that running the media with small pieces of paper towel can help with the dust. Also, I think people that put NuFinish and mineral spirits in with the media claim that it cuts down on the dust as well.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to recall someone adding anti static drier sheets to their media.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use nufinish, just a capfull sprinkled around not just dumped in. also when i started putting in a used dryer sheet is when i noticed the biggest reduction in dust on my cases.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used cap full or two of brasso with excellent polishing results and no excessive dust problem that I ever noticed.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used cap full or two of brasso with excellent polishing results and no excessive dust problem that I ever noticed.

You probably know this but products containing ammonia aren't recommended for cleaning rifle or pistol brass. I've been told that the ammonia weakens the brass. Although, you aren't the only reloader that I've heard of using brasso without any issues.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
NuFinish and Dryer sheets for me. I take the used ones from my wife, that way they don't smell as clean. Can't be having brass that smells like "spring breeze" ya know!

Latest posts

Top Bottom