Rep. James Lankford's Town Hall meeting 2A letdown.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cars were everywhere. The new library at MacArthur and 122nd parking lot was jammed packed! I was 6 minutes late and had to park in the street about two blocks away. The auditorium was standing room only overflowing into the halls. What a difference from the 30 or 40 people that's normal for a Lankford Town Hall. I was stoked for some action. I excused myself through a concerned-looking crowd to get a good spot.

I was very interested in the Second Amendment discussions. Lankford will not take questions live and draws them from a bucket, as soon as he is ready to move on. I think he drew 3 or 4 gun questions from citizens concerned that they're coming for our guns. I think 3 questions drawn mentioned the Constitutional reason to keep and bear arms is to resist tyranny. Hunting, sporting and personal protection are just nice little bonuses. "What are you going to do to defend our Second Amendment rights, Congressman Lankford"?

Representative Lankford answered that the rash of school shootings is just terrible and something must be done to ensure our safety. He has children too, you know. He said he is just as frightened his kids will be killed as we are. The best way to keep us safe cannot be decided with a knee-jerk reaction, these things take time, to protect the rights of hunters, sportsmen and self-defenders. Representative James Lankford said many times that he supports the Second Amendment right of Americans to keep and bear arms for hunting, sporting and self defense. He specifically ignored tyranny being the primary reason for the Second Amendment's existence, even when pressed.

I came away feeling that Congressman James Lankford could easily be swayed into gun registration, restrictions or bans of semi-automatic everything, particularly so-called "assault weapons" and magazines. Rep. Lankford left me feeling he was very squishy on the Second Amendment. When I hear "hunters, sports shooters and self defense" is the reason the Second Amendment exists, I see rights going away.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By what you say he said, it doesn't make me warm and fuzzy either. "Well you don't NEED a 30 round assault clip for hunting". Sounds like it's going to be a real fight to keep our rights!

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The silver lining.........we know we need to educate and convince him. We need to correctly apply pressure and stay in contact with him. One vote is one vote. He's from our own backyard, lets stay in contact with him.....a lot.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He's reportedly going to OCPAC today and maybe he'll leave his little red bucket at the house. Lankford does not take off the cuff questions and follow-up questions are generally forbidden and the red bucket keeps the topics changing. James Lankford DOES NOT support the Second Amendment beyond the privileges granted to hunters, sportsmen and people for self defense and he WILL NOT say the Second Amendment is a protection from tyranny. Why should he? He voted for indefinite detainment without trial under the NDAA, the Patriot Act, FISA, Anti-tresspass bill and all the rest. Why should he care about the Second Amendment?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing short of phone calls to his office ensuring him that he will not be reelected if he votes for any compromise to the 2nd Amendment will "educate" him.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Lankford will not take questions live and draws them from a bucket, as soon as he is ready to move on"

I think that should be addressed, I think its total bullsh*t for a politician to tell their subje..er constituents that they will not take live questions. Excuse me MOFO you work for us, we are not your serf population out here waiting to be told what to do.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cars were everywhere. The new library at MacArthur and 122nd parking lot was jammed packed! I was 6 minutes late and had to park in the street about two blocks away. The auditorium was standing room only overflowing into the halls. What a difference from the 30 or 40 people that's normal for a Lankford Town Hall. I was stoked for some action. I excused myself through a concerned-looking crowd to get a good spot.

I was very interested in the Second Amendment discussions. Lankford will not take questions live and draws them from a bucket, as soon as he is ready to move on. I think he drew 3 or 4 gun questions from citizens concerned that they're coming for our guns. I think 3 questions drawn mentioned the Constitutional reason to keep and bear arms is to resist tyranny. Hunting, sporting and personal protection are just nice little bonuses. "What are you going to do to defend our Second Amendment rights, Congressman Lankford"?

Representative Lankford answered that the rash of school shootings is just terrible and something must be done to ensure our safety. He has children too, you know. He said he is just as frightened his kids will be killed as we are. The best way to keep us safe cannot be decided with a knee-jerk reaction, these things take time, to protect the rights of hunters, sportsmen and self-defenders. Representative James Lankford said many times that he supports the Second Amendment right of Americans to keep and bear arms for hunting, sporting and self defense. He specifically ignored tyranny being the primary reason for the Second Amendment's existence, even when pressed.

I came away feeling that Congressman James Lankford could easily be swayed into gun registration, restrictions or bans of semi-automatic everything, particularly so-called "assault weapons" and magazines. Rep. Lankford left me feeling he was very squishy on the Second Amendment. When I hear "hunters, sports shooters and self defense" is the reason the Second Amendment exists, I see rights going away.
Vote this RINO Lankford out of office in 2014, in the primary. He was also the first to cave in on the Fiscal Cliff deal.
Tulsans replaced the RINO John Sullivan with Jim Bridenstine in the 2012 primary. Sullivan was also a believer in "common sense" gun restrictions, did not favor repealing the Gun free Safe Zone act that makes every CCW a federal felon if they carry in another state within 1000 feet (330- YARDS) of a school property.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun-Free_School_Zones_Act_of_1990#Prohibition_of_unlicensed_carry
Most folks think it was a "surprise upset" but IMHO, it was Sullivan's weakness on fiscal and 2A issues that finished him politically.

:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom