Rep. James Lankford's Town Hall meeting 2A letdown.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vote this RINO Lankford out of office in 2014, in the primary. He was also the first to cave in on the Fiscal Cliff deal. :)
I got an email from Lankford the other day that said he DID NOT vote for the fiscal cliff deal!! He said he was the only one that didn't. Can you believe the lies. This man has really shown me that he really isn't for the 2A. And I even posted another response I got from here in another thread where he said he is totally for the 2A. I guess he is only for hunters and self defense, but not for the true reason he should be. This really gives me confidence in the other so-called 2A supporters in Washington. They all need to go.

LOKNLOD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys - we can eat him alive, later, during the elections. For the time being, he's the one that's in Washington, so he's what we have to work with...

Meanwhile, as i said elsewhere: despite being "on our side", like most, he's a politician, so I think he's an ally as long as we continue to make sure he knows it's politically beneficial to him to be on our side and detrimental to not be. He's not the guy that's going to sign on to DiFi and McCarthy wanting to round 'em all up (probably), but he is the kind that might fall for a mag ban or adding stuff to the NFA. He's exactly the kind of guy that needs constant contact and reinforcement from us. We're not dealing with an anti-gun true-believer in him. He is opportunistic, like all his colleagues.

It's not the Feinsteins and McCarthys who need our letters and emails, it's Representatives and Senators like him who are "generally" on our side but could fall prey to the siren song of "nobody really needs those, do they?".

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

D42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got see him once, When he was down here in Ada at a Tea Party meeting before he got elected. Not sure of him ?? At this point I don't think I would want to share a foxhole with him If it came down to it.

Another point is IF Zero the Hero try's to pass a E.O And Congress GROWS A PAIR Ball's they have the power to Defund the BATF.

Swapwap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are all gutless and tend to go,the same way the political wind blows securing for themselves first and not the American people. Regardless of party or past standing we need to pressure them often on what is important to us. I have called and emailed him and will continue to do so over the new several week and longer if necessary.

He does both me not mentioning the 2nd amendment was a provision against tyranny, not hunting, sports exc..,.

Jujen Kai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The response from my email to him when DiFi announced her quest to tell me what my rights are:

"Dear Rev. M

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns about gun rights. While some Americans simply sit by and hope things will change, I appreciate the time you took to engage yourself in this important matter of Constitutional rights.

The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms for all law-abiding citizens. As an outdoorsman and member of the NRA, I am acutely aware of the many conditions and stipulations which gun owners must meet when exercising this basic constitutional right. From the first days of our nation's independence, American families have owned and kept guns in their private residences. Millions of citizens also hunt each year across the United States.

In recent days, horrific crimes have been committed across the country with guns. These crimes have been committed by mentally and emotionally unstable individuals with evil intent. My heart breaks for families in cities across America that are affected by violence of any type. The collapse of the traditional family structure, the intensity of violent video games, unlimited internet access, and societal stress have combined to move anti-social individuals to mass murder. Furthermore, society has glorified violence on television and in the movies.

All too often, responsible gun owners are punished for the wrongdoing of criminals. Law-abiding citizens should not have their rights infringed, but criminals should not be allowed to purchase guns. We must focus on mental health initiatives, law enforcement, and criminals' access to firearms instead of targeting hunters, responsible gu n owners, and gun manufacturers.

Some feel that crime would end if guns were restricted. This theory has been demonstrated as false in cities like Chicago and Washington, D.C. where gun laws are strict, but violent crime is rampant. I have children in school; I understand the anxiety of dropping off your kids after another school shooting. But, I want to help our nation solve the problem, not just "do something." Simple answers will not fix this complex family issue. It is right to have an honest and open conversation about gun violence, but our conclusions must protect our liberty and start our country down the path of healing.

It is important to refer to previously passed Congressional gun control measures to determine why they were enacted, and if these laws resulted in decreased violence. The National Firearm Act (NFA) of 1934 passed following prohibition to make the chosen weapons of "gangsters," most notably machine guns and short-barreled long guns, more difficult to acquire. The Gun Control Act (GCA) of 1968 was passed following the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr, John F. Kennedy, and Robert Kennedy. The GCA made regulations stricter on convicted felons, illegal immigrants, mentally unstable individuals, and others. The Brady Handgun Prevention Act of 1993 created the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) as a database to prevent firearm sales to prohibited individuals.

As you may know, Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) has proposed legislation to renew the assault weapon ban that expired in 2004. The original assault weapon ban was part of a broader, significant piece of legislation; the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994. The assault weapon ban was enacted in the wake of a January 17, 1989 school shooting as well as the escalating violence of the 1980's and early 1990's turf and drug wars waged by urban gangs. However, it is important to note that during the life of the assault weapon ban there were at least 30 school shootings, demonstrating that the senseless school shootings and other acts of mass murder cannot continue. Removing one type of weapon will not eliminate school violence.

As the 113th Congress addresses the many challenges facing our nation, I hope you will continue to share your suggestions and comments with me. Please, contact me via email for a faster response. To keep up with my work in Congress, please visit my website at www.lankford.house.gov and sign up to receive updates at www.lankford.house.gov/enewsletter .

In God We Trust,

James Lankford
MEMBER OF CONGRESS"

Latest posts

Top Bottom