Rep. James Lankford's Town Hall meeting 2A letdown.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vote this RINO Lankford out of office in 2014, in the primary. He was also the first to cave in on the Fiscal Cliff deal.

:)

Might want to do some research before you post Hoss. Lankford was the only Oklahoman to vote NO.

The only member of the Oklahoma congressional delegation to oppose the New Year’s deal on the so-called fiscal cliff, U.S. Rep. James Lankford has decried what he calls federal debt throughout his brief career in politics.
Source besides the fact that I followed it closely.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I just took something else from his meeting entirely. Two things that really got my attention when he was talking about Gun Control and Newtown.

The first was that he would oppose any legislation that was just about "doing something" and not actually making a difference. He then went on to comment about how none of the proposed legislation he knew about would have changed a thing.

Second, when he went on to address the mental health side of the issue (which even he said was a major part), he talked about protecting the constitutional rights of the individual there too.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I just took something else from his meeting entirely. Two things that really got my attention when he was talking about Gun Control and Newtown.

You have to understand the expectations of some of they guys voicing displeasure with him (the low-information, single-issue folks who don't even know how to look up a congressional voting record, but are all "I knows ma rights! 'Murica!")

Anything short of him holding up a musket and doing a Heston imitation followed by the donning of body armor and an armed assault on Washington D.C. makes the guy a sell-out or DHS shill, and he must be hung from a lamp post along with his Federal masters.

I see him as one of the few who might actually do what we sent him to D.C. to do, and I'm willing to give him a chance.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might want to do some research before you post Hoss. Lankford was the only Oklahoman to vote NO.

You are right. I take that back. I based my post on listening to NPR praising him as a person who led the GOP on negotiating the fiscal cliff , plus he was with Boehner a lot. However, I went back and searched all the videos I could find and it seems that all he did was talk about how tax rate increases won't solve the problem...which is true.

So overall, he seems OK. My impression is he is eager to be a top dog in the GOP, and is hedging his bets, but he is likely a lot more conservative than many of the RINOs on capitol hill.
:)

Last edited:

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to understand the expectations of some of they guys voicing displeasure with him (the low-information, single-issue folks who don't even know how to look up a congressional voting record, but are all "I knows ma rights! 'Murica!")

Anything short of him holding up a musket and doing a Heston imitation followed by the donning of body armor and an armed assault on Washington D.C. makes the guy a sell-out or DHS shill, and he must be hung from a lamp post along with his Federal masters.

I see him as one of the few who might actually do what we sent him to D.C. to do, and I'm willing to give him a chance.

You're obviously a sellout as well, MSgt. :P

Wasn't the guy like a church youth director 2 years ago? I don't understand painting him as "one o' them dang pollyTISHuns"

Let us educate our brother Lankford on the finer nuances of 2A jurisprudence before we burn him at the stake, mmkay?

FWIW, he's not even my Congressman. I have Frank "Farm Bill" Lucas. Decent on some issues, but more than willing to enlarge the ridiculous subsidy regime. You should be thankful you have a fiscal conservative, at least.

LOKNLOD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let us educate our brother Lankford on the finer nuances of 2A jurisprudence before we burn him at the stake, mmkay?

Bingo! If he's a weak on some aspects of it, let's make him stronger, and by the time elections roll back around, we'll know whether or not he's worth supporting.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems to me that if the take-away many have from him is a weakness on 2A defense, either he's weak on the 2A, or he isn't communicating his stance clearly. While I realize politicians are loathe to get pinned down with a firm yes or no, this is a lightning rod issue and there's no room for waffling.

If he's a stand up guy, make him stand up and say it loud & clear. The last thing we need is fratricide within the ranks right now.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

There are reasons Lankford was the only one to vote no. All is not what it appears. Keep in mind that Lankford voted for the NDAA, FISA, all Patriot Acts and many, many other laws that destroy the Constitution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom