Rescued my first Bee Swarm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm almost tempted to ask if you need a hand, that sounds all sorts of interesting and productive to boot because I know bees can drive you nuts if they get into places you don't want them. This way the bees thrive & people need not be concerned with them.

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cut hives out of buildings and collect swarms but I've never seen a hive hanging from a tree like that. No way it would have survived the winter so good job saving it. Now to overwinter it will be the real challenge. Cut those combs and rubberband them to beehive frames and put'em in a box. Feed them and maybe they'll make it over the winter. My best hive this year was one I cut out of a building at the end of last year. I didn't think they'd make it but they are a boomer. PM me if you want to talk bees.

""A swarm of bees in May is worth a load of hay;
A swarm of bees in June is worth a silver spoon;
A swarm of bees in July isn't worth a fly."-- goes the old saying

A swarm in August.. needs a lot of help!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woah ... too cool ...

Biggsley, I'm gonna go to Overholser and take a look. (Need to see if we can walk across the middle of the lake yet anyway ... man ... the water level is just downright depressing ...)

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
setting up feral hive into a proper bee hive box in my backyard. modifying box today to accept wild hive intact inside a large section.

then will be setting empty frames without starter foundation below, so bees can decide their own size to keep mites down.

plans are to keep this hive healthy without chemicals. leaving all of the honey alone to feed bees in winter.

So are you just relocating them to the wilderness? Or are you keeping them for honey production?

Latest posts

Top Bottom