Rescued my first Bee Swarm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woah ... too cool ...

Biggsley, I'm gonna go to Overholser and take a look. (Need to see if we can walk across the middle of the lake yet anyway ... man ... the water level is just downright depressing ...)

We were just talking yesterday about how low it is. I bet you can walk all the way across right now.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hive was on a farm half way to Muskogee, near the turnpike exit.
definitely out in the country ...

here's a picture taken a few minutes ago when measuring branch hive is built on.
plan is to suspend hive inside a deep bee box. it's so late in the season, don't want to disturb hive but cutting off combs unless absolutely have to.

will be messy later, but will be worth it. if this tactic helps the bees survive the winter.

notice this pic has way more bees swarmed. additional bees returned to hive after dark
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC08118.jpg

here's the final bee hive complete with feral hive intact inside with empty frames beside and below. sitting on a fire pit used to burn leaves. it'll do until I build a steel frame with water barrier on all support legs.
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC08120.jpg

Rescued my first Bee Swarm in Wagnor or at least that's what they called it.

Was this in town and if so do you recall the address?

Last edited:

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm called honeybee for a reason.

I've done this dozens of times, enjoy it, I hope they make lots of honey for you.

I just got to down in the back to keep bees, 12 years was all I could do.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beekeeping is a great hobby. I used to keep bees myself but when I moved to a different place in town I sold them. Hope yours do ok through the winter and make you lots of honey next year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom