resident goose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
looks like it might be a good year. maybe not as good as some years past but now that the limit is eight i'm sure looking forward to it. checked out a friends field that we hunt dove on and there has been about 40 geese on it for aover a week now. time to drag the dekes out of the attic!

any geese in your dove or teal areas? field reports are a must.

Reaction score
When does this start, Sept. 9? I wonder if I could find a spot to get myself 600 feet away from any occupied structure down on the Okla. River near Walker Ave. in south OKC with my shotgun... there's a bunch of dumb ones down there that I think forgot how to fly.... :rubhands:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When does this start, Sept. 9? I wonder if I could find a spot to get myself 600 feet away from any occupied structure down on the Okla. River near Walker Ave. in south OKC with my shotgun... there's a bunch of dumb ones down there that I think forgot how to fly.... :rubhands:

its this saturday the 11th

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dusted off the dekes. hopefully i'll have some pics to post. would be nice to have a few geese,teal and dove in the bag.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a TON of geese flying this morning. I tried to secure permission to hunt a couple of fields earlier this week without any luck, so I got to watch them fly around while I sat in the dove field and listen to other guys blast away.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good Garand. I actually was planning to hunt on the 30th, never been goose hunting before. So playing cards last night I'm told about this Resident season. Now I pretty much had plans all day, but I might get to go in the AM.

Now I want to hunt them just as pest control as much as anything. However, my conscious won't let me kill an animal unless I plan to make good use of it. So, what's the best way to get rid of these birds once they are dead? I can only eat so many you know.

Speaking of eating them, I was thinking of smoking the first few. What other ways of Prep do you all suggest? If I get any teal, I could make a Goo-Duck-en.

Latest posts

Top Bottom