1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Restrictions on 50 round boxes of SD ammo!

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by druryj, Oct 25, 2018.

1. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Saw this on bonefroggunclub.com this morning as I was trying to order some ammo... This is BS! So all of a sudden I have to pay almost the same price for a 20 round box as I was paying for boxes of 50? Has anyone else seen this crap on any of the other ammo sites?

**Per manufacturer requirements, this product is available for purchase by LE and Qualified Customers Only. If you would like to register your credentials with us to purchase this product, please fill out this form.

2. adamsredlines

adamsredlines Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    50ct Hydra Shocks?

3. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    No; 50 ct HST and Gold Dots. I have bought them in the past from bonefrog for right at $20 a box per 50 rounds. Apparently, no more. I don’t know if the other online ammo websites are posting something like this or not. I’ll be checking later on when I have more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Jwryan84

Jwryan84 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've been told that before at H&H. Tried to,buy some critical Duty 50 round boxes and was told,I could only buy 20 round boxes.

I ordered 50 round boxes of 9mm 147 HST a while back without issue online.

5. bigred1

bigred1 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I just got in 124gr HST JHP 50rds $29.95 yesterday as a matter of fact from SGA. No restriction on limit.

6. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I’ve bought Critical Duty at Academy and Bass Pro. They never mentioned any restrictions.

7. Old Phart

Old Phart Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I've seen posts about this elsewhere online. I haven't purchased any HST s lately, so I don't know first hand.

8. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yep. Hornady was forcing this on their retailers several years ago. During the great ammo drought I had an OHP trooper friend go into H&H and buy me a box of 9mm critical duty because that was all there was to be found. He went in on the way home from work, walked in full uniform and STILL had to show his card. And yes, he still had to pay damn near $40 for the box.

I don't know what their marketing people are thinking. I guess they don't want to sell ammo to the public anymore. I'm ordering up a lifetime supply of gold dot bullets before they quit selling those too. I'll just load my own. 'Eff 'em...

EDIT: In case you haven't noticed those $20 boxes are now up 50% at $30. That's because of this. The dealers are getting what they can while they can, because they know their sales are gonna hit the floor. Also notice that Bonefrog is out of all the high volume items. I suspect he can't afford to stock near as much knowing he's going to have to sit on it for months on end selling to LEOs only.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    D. Hargrove likes this.
  9. RustedBeef

RustedBeef Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Saw that too. Bummer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk