Resurgence of the Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J-frame Smiths have always been amongst the best sellers in the handgun market. Smith's sales records indicate that they've produced more of them than any other product for the commercial market and without the foreign military market, it would have eclipsed total sales as well (model 10 M&P was the top seller in the foreign market for years).

Until there is something that does what the J does better, it will continue to be the dominant product in the market.

I am not the huge fan of the revolver that many are and believe it to be amongst the worst choices for new handgun buyers (their primary customer), I still use one as a backup and recognize why others appreciate its virtues.

Michael Brown

HMT204

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a long time I only had 2 defenders. SP101 and a 12 gauge pump (home defense). I have since gotten back into shooting. I love my .45 XD and many others I have gotten a chance to shoot. But if I had to choose SP101 and a scatter gun, .357 magnum rounds... enough said.

[Broken External Image]

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really into wheel guns right now. Love my 642 and carry it often, although most of the time, if I can carry the S&W I can carry the G26 which gives me a lot more firepower. Revolvers do feel good in the hand though. I hope to hunt with my Blackhawk this year.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a revolver man. Specifically, I like Colt and S&W. I have Rugers, and I have a Glock, but the ones that I carry are a Model 28 Highway Patrolman, and a Model 681 fixed sight L-frame. The reason is simple: I think that revolvers are more reliable, and I hit what I shoot at. I'd carry my 8-shot Model 627 if I could find a decent speedloader for it.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took OSAers to sell me, but I'm sold. I looked at them as "old school" and wasn't interested until I stumbled into a deal on a Model 36 that I couldn't pass up. Now it's probably my 2nd favorite gun and my carry piece. I own several guns but the only that has gone bang EVERYTIME I have pulled the trigger is the 67. I love my XD-9 and shooting it is infinitely more enjoyable for me than shooting any revolver - but put me in a corner and tell me I have to defend my life... I want to be holding my S&W with high quality ammo in it 100% of the time.

That is a thing of beauty. :soldiers:

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I want nostalgia, Ill go open up my old yearbooks.

I found one of your old yearbooks in the attic.

awww.telliquah.com_schoolhouse4a.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom