Resurgence of the Revolver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infotechsailor

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im not a revolver owner myself but am getting interested in them by all the talk lately. How 'special' is ruger lcr trigger system? last issue of american rifleman made it out to be some kind of 'breakthrough' technology.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im not a revolver owner myself but am getting interested in them by all the talk lately. How 'special' is ruger lcr trigger system? last issue of american rifleman made it out to be some kind of 'breakthrough' technology.

That's probably because Sturm Ruger & Co. gave him the T&E sample for FREE.

If somebody were gonna give you a free gun, wouldn't you say, "hell yeah! This is an AWESOME little snubbie!"

Now I'm not saying the Ruger LCR isn't a "good" weapon. Hell, I've never even held one, but writers for the gun rags praise the test samples that get offered to them.

Didya ever read a BAD gun review? :anyone:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, I've never even held one, but writers for the gun rags praise the test samples that get offered to them.

I held an LCR at Sports World a couple weeks ago. I wasn't too thrilled with it - just didn't seem all that substantial for anything more than occasional use. Granted my observation was wholly subjective and not based at all on on scientific data, but if I was into those little things, I'd rather have a S&W 340.

But then again, I think the N-frame Night Guard is da bomb, and I plan to acquire a 625 someday ;)

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a wheel gun guy all my life. I've had lots of them and autos.
The only consistent thing in my life as far as handguns has been the revolvers I've had and still use.

Old school? Yea I guess. Never seen a reason to change.
Put the first one where it's needed and after that it really doesn't matter.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Revolvers, wheelgun's, thumbbusters, they have been with us since Sam Colt's first in the 1830's i.e. Patterson. The Colt Walker, and later Dragoon were till the advent of self contained cartridges the magnums of their day. From the 1860's on we've had self contained cartridges in SAA's(this includes Remingtons as well), S&W breaktops, Melwin Huberts, British and American "Bulldogs", Enfields and Webley's . At the turn of the 20th century we saw the greatest advancement in revolvers with the swingout cylinders/hand ejectors, making reloading easier and somewhat faster, speedloaders were several decades away. At this same time semiauto pistols were starting to appear, and to some thought the revolver was dead, yet the companies still produced and sold as many as they could make. During the early to mid 20th century alomst every police officer was issued a revolver, and some were even issued in our military up into the late 1980's. Lawmen of the southwest were still known to carry SAA, sometimes backed up with an 1911A1, while others were carrying a S&W or Colt in .44spl or .45LC. Even today the revolver lives on bullet proof vests, ankles, pockets, and for some their offduty carry guns. Civilians who can legally carry make the revolver their choice based on nostalgia, function, reliability. The revolver is long from dead, and for the foreseable future will be with us way into the 21st, and probably the next century. For those that turn up their nose at anything not plastic, or carrying a bajillon rounds in their magazines, thats fine, and its your choice. By doing this you also make it easier on me and my fellow revolverist's to find, purchase, and enjoy what are some of the finest works of art made. If I was told tomorrow that I had to give up all my semi-autos I wouldn't be to heartbroken over it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom