Retirement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, all. And congrats to the rest of you who have, or are about to, make the move. Yeah, I'm not concerned about staying busy. I've got plans for a lot of reloading, shooting, cleaning (guns), straightening up my reloading bench and the garage, more time on the motorsickle, fishing, some short trips, etc. Then, in the next fifty years! ... Work has been getting in the way of my hobbies!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I retired less than three weeks ago (April 1st) after working 30 years and 8 months with the same company.

People told me prior to retiring that after more than 30 years some place you'll miss the place, people or the job.....I didn't have a bad job and for the most part I enjoyed it but I can honestly say I miss none of it.

I'm not the type to just sit around and listen to my arteries get hard so I can already tell that I'm going to have to get some piddley little part time day job (3 or four days a week max) locally to keep from getting bored.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations, I hope you enjoy it. I have been retired for years, but I do work part time. I work 40 hours a week for two weeks and then have 2 weeks off. It is great, I know my work schedule a year in advance and it keep my active. It also provides some extra money for hobbies and play toys. I was in IT and always worked at a desk. My job is a courier, so I am out driving around picking up and delivering documents. I really enjoy being out of an office, except when the road are bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom