rhino line a storm shelter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's mostly from condensation on the inside. You need oxygen to rust, so it's not rusting from the other side in tandem, unless it's made it all the way from the inside to the outside.

Wow, I'll have to let all the folks that I know that spend millions of dollars every year on cathodic protection for soil side protection on tank bottoms and buried pipelines in on this. They'll be very interested in this.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good lord, lots of bad info here.

If it is rusting on the inside of the structure, you don't have to fill it with concrete and start over. Use a wire wheel to remove the scale and surrounding paint to get to the larger area. Once it has bubbled through the paint, there is going to be more rust underneath the paint in surrounding areas. Spray that with a good quality rust killer. That stuff works, I have used it for years. Then buy a bedliner kit from Al's Liner, follow the procedures on the box and spray it yourself. It will take 2-3 kits most likely. Personally, I would remove as much of the original coating as possible, but that would take a lot of time, and is up to you.

www.alsliner.com I use it all the time.

DAMAGAN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several friends that install FlatSafe shelters and I'd say at least 20% of their installs include pulling another companies out of the ground first. They crib their shelters and pour concrete around them so "in theory" no dirt touches the shelter. Some companyes set the shelter on the ground an pour side walls and call it good. Im not sure if FlatSafe does any kind of discount for someone who got screwed by another company but its worth a shot.

PAINT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will regret spraying a "bed liner" material, especially if the problem is coming from the outside. I sell coatings to many storm shelter companies and know what just about all of them use. Message me if you're interested and I will hook you up.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will regret spraying a "bed liner" material, especially if the problem is coming from the outside. I sell coatings to many storm shelter companies and know what just about all of them use. Message me if you're interested and I will hook you up.

If the problem is coming from the outside, then he is already screwed.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I'll have to let all the folks that I know that spend millions of dollars every year on cathodic protection for soil side protection on tank bottoms and buried pipelines in on this. They'll be very interested in this.

You've managed to make iron oxide without oxygen. You'll be a trillionaire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom